Coat Or Not To Coat?

Clare70

During the summer the dogs have slept with us in the house (they usually sleep in the conservatory with the door to the house closed)  When it's hot we leave the door open so the dogs can wander freely.  I usually have Maiya and Snow on the bed with me at some point in the night and always with Maiya waking me in the morning, which is nice :)

Now it's September and still really warm and sunny, I have been thinking about what I'm going to do once the weather takes a turn for the worst.  I really don't fancy the idea of wet muddy pups climbing onto my bed :(  Should I be keeping them seperate from me now?  Will they just adapt?  

I've seen you can buy waterproof dog coats and wondered if they would be a good idea.  I know they aren't going to keep their paws dry but when returning from a walk with a wet dog, well I find this to be the worst part of wet weather walking, you know the drying them off part, it's made all the worse when trying to get 3 to sit still :)

So my question is have any of you used one of these coats on your pups and were they effective? Or would I just be wasting my money?

yes they will adapt.

When we rescued Darwin he was used to sleeping on the bed with his previous owners.

I gradually got him to sleep on the floor of the bedroom, then outside the room.

Then outside with the door closed.

Now he stays downstairs, the girls sleep on the landing floor.

If you don't want them in certain parts of the house use Child or pet Stairgates.

Works for me :)