Howling

zannabianca

Hello, I have several silly questions about howling. 

First of all, when bark and when howling, where are the differences? What my dog wanna tell me in both cases? 

Second, why my husky don't howl me back when I howl to him? He actually look very annoyed and change room or watch me with a puzzled face. 

Third, howling between me and my husky can boost our communications? 

Thank you in advance for any further answer :) 

Noah does not bark very often and when he does he looks confused.   He is definitely a Howler.  This a question I was going to ask to..  Why do they Howl and does it mean there happy, sad, angry?????

Noah howls when he hears an ambulance, he also howls when we come home.  The funniest howl is when we give him a sausage, he runs up the garden buries the sausage and then starts howling.....

First time I heard him howl it sounded so sad I nearly cried...  :(

Like you he does not look impressed if I try to howl back..  :D

Darwin only barks at the other two to get their attention to come play in the garden.

He woos at me for walkies.

Daughtry doesn't bark at all, but will sit behind my chair making Blah blah and "I want one" kind of noises

Usually for one of two things she wants to have a little rough house play with me or she wants feeding.

Any kind of wooing or howling is an attempt at communication.

they are either trying to tell you something or alert you to something.

However you will have to learn what it is by observing their behaviour.

Darwin only barks at the other two to get their attention to come play in the garden.

He woos at me for walkies.

Daughtry doesn't bark at all, but will sit behind my chair making Blah blah and "I want one" kind of noises

Usually for one of two things she wants to have a little rough house play with me or she wants feeding.

Any kind of wooing or howling is an attempt at communication.

they are either trying to tell you something or alert you to something.

However you will have to learn what it is by observing their behaviour.

At the moment he howls only inside the crate or when I close him in a room. 

He barks only when he wanna play or wanna food(this is something I am trying to correct), because my gf spoiled him giving food while we were sitting on the table and now he barks to her to ask food. With me, he does not. 

So Noah is communicating with the ambulance's..

Does this mean:

A.  He thinks its his mum

B.  He thinks its a new friend.

C. And most likely its a mobile husky food van....

ahah husky food wan : D

I would like to train him to come to me when I howl, so even if he will be far from me at the dog park I can call him without losing my voice. 

At the moment he howls only inside the crate or when I close him in a room. 

He barks only when he wanna play or wanna food(this is something I am trying to correct), because my gf spoiled him giving food while we were sitting on the table and now he barks to her to ask food. With me, he does not. 

ahah husky food wan : D

I would like to train him to come to me when I howl, so even if he will be far from me at the dog park I can call him without losing my voice. 

If you want him to come when you howl it's the same as teaching a dog to recall when you yell their name.   You just substitute the way some people recall with your howling... 

Not every command is the same for every dog..  If you wanted to teach a dog to sit by giving the command "stand" you could very well do it.  Just teach it using the verbal cue you like lol.