Guess the weight ......

Val (Zebedee)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've voted..i thought sibes were only supposed to get to 20-24kg?

He has only been with Val and Steve a few months - he was a rescue and I think possibly half Mal half Sibe - hence the larger frame - his paws are HUGE - twice as big as my Kimbas lol

That said - he is a gorgeous snuggly bear :D lol

i've voted..i thought sibes were only supposed to get to 20-24kg?

He has only been with Val and Steve a few months - he was a rescue and I think possibly half Mal half Sibe - hence the larger frame - his paws are HUGE - twice as big as my Kimbas lol

That said - he is a gorgeous snuggly bear biggrin.gif lol

D is abslutely huge!!!! Here is photo for size comparison to val's other sibe Myshka

SSA50572.JPG

and heres another

SSA50553.JPG

Am sorry I started this now, Diesel & I are getting a complex :(

Only joking! :lol: :lol:

Everything we have found out about D is he is registered as a sibe, but we secretly think if he's not huskamute, then he's a mal cos he's bigger than the average sibe!! But as Sarah said, he's a rescue, we've had him since August & everything we have traced back has him logged or listed as a sibe :D

Hi Val (Zebedee),

We decided to vote for the 40KG option.

He looks so lovely. A cute cuddly bear.

Looking at him in the photograph by the car, Diesel does stand really grand, what a great posture. rolleyes.gif

You said that everything you had found out about Diesel's paperwork, was that he is registered as a Siberian Husky, but you secretly think that if he's not a Huskamute, then he could be a Malamute instead, because he is bigger than the average Siberian.

Well we found this quite a while back, whilst searching on the internet and we put it into our favourites. (Thought it might come in handy one day)

We hope it might be of help to you, if you think Diesel maybe a Huskamute.

As you will see on the site it has the Draft Height and Weight, for a Huskamute, which is:

Dogs: 22 - 25 Inches at Wither's. Weight: Dogs: 30 - 40KG. (That's why we went for 40KG option, hope we guessed right) wink.gif

Bitches: 20 - 23 Inches at Wither's. Weight: Bitches: 25 - 35KG.

Here is the link to the website: (removed as contains reference to selling puppies, pm'd you, x)

Ivan & Paul

My Diesel is a registered sibe, but I also think he's a huskamute, he weighs 34kg and he's a very big lad.

Maybe theres just something in the namewink.gif I got him from a guy that had an accidental litter though, and I saw his sire and dam, and his sire was a big dog as well. My boy has one blue eye, so he's definitely not a malamute.

However, I have another sibe here in rescue at the moment, and he is taller than Diesel, but a lot skinnier, I think the racing lines tend to be taller don't they?

Sorry, didn't want to hijack the thread, just find it interesting how difficult it is to tell sometimes whether a sibe is a pb sibe or notbiggrin.gif

There is a sibe here in Ireland that I think has won top sibe for the last 3, possibly 4 years? I met him a couple of years ago and couldn't believe how big he was, I don't know his measurements, but at the time I thought he was about the same size as my Diesel.

This is a link to his kennel owner's page. He is a gorgeous boy, and obviously, winning so much, big must be beautifulbiggrin.gif This website looks as though it hasn't been updated for a long time though. The dog in question is Gandi, if you scroll down you'll see him and can see more photos of him. Leorient kennels

Ivan & Paul, thanks for your post, very helpful, but still a bit confused over his breed. We didn't get papers with him, I meant when we traced his previous owners - we rehomed Diesel but privately so we got to find out his last 2 homes & vet's, etc, luckily. We were told he is American born & brought here at 6 months old by a lady in the forces who lived in Wales, but she was then posted away & rehomed him when he was around 1yr. He lived in Holyhead, Anglesey for 4.5 yrs when the Mum gave him away as her son only walked him 5 times a week. He was given to a couple in Bangor who had him for 3 months but their Akita picked on him so offered him for rehoming & that's when we got him. His microchip registration has him down as a sibe .... any vet we have contacted has him as a sibe ... but I suppose that's only from what the owners tell them :huh: (Not that this makes any difference to us, he's here to stay no matter what!) :D

Karen, there's quite a few chunky huskies in those kennels - D may be a big sibe after all ... :unsure: don't worry, you're not hijacking, I only put it up as a bit of a laugh thread but it's certainly got us talking & posting info so some good has come from it!! :lol:

Will give you all another day to vote before I reveal D's true weight .... ;)

BTW, +1 added for your info, both parties :)

Sorry I just threw in my own wild guess since I think in pounds and not in KGs. I dont actually know how to

do the conversion, lol. He looks solid and healthy though, gotta love him, lmao.

never thought of that! lol

1Kg = 2.2 lbs, so:-

40Kg = 88.2 lbs

42.5Kg = 93.7 lbs

45Kg = 99.2 lbs

47.5Kg = 104.7 lbs

50Kg = 110.2 lbs

:D

So, the answer is ............................... 47.5 kg or 104.5 lbs (7st 6.5lb) :blink::unsure:

Since we got the "little" guy, he has put on 8 kg (17.6 lbs) in 5 months! He eats the same as Myshka basically, but is now SO more energetic! When we got first got him, he was breathless walking the length of a room, now, as you've seen in videos & pics, he can run!! :lol: So, I'm hoping the weight gain is his muscle coming back as he is solid & none of the vets have commented on his weight ....

SO ........ well done to Hock, Siberian_wolf & Ross who correctly guessed his weight .... please GOD I never have to lift him! :P:lol: