We Are In Maryland And Would Like To Know Other Huskies.

cyndisvillages

Hello,

Indigo is 4 months old.  She is Aghouti and we love her so much.  She is our first Husky.  We have had Aussies and Shelties and Collies.  About 5 weeks ago she started this narling and we spoke to her Kinder pup Instructor who said she just wanted to play.  She has 3 more classes.  This is not playful, its really scary and there is no pattern as to when she does it.  She acts like she wants to nip and we have to put her on a leash and make her lye down.

I am going to call the Vet today, but if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

Hope to meet some fellow Huskies..

Cyndi and Indigo

Welcome to the forum.

I am guessing that Marling might have been auto corrected from mouthing???

If so, this is not uncommon in huskies some more than others. In an ideal world it will be tapering off at around 4 months, but Ronin took much longer and that was with a lot of training.

Hey my 3 month old pup harley. Costantly tries to bit. But only people she knows. I try substituting my hand or clothes with one of her toys. If it doesnt work i stand up so she cant reach my hands and ignore her. She tends to then just lie down mosst of the time and calms down.

Is it picked up from another pet? Or has she been bullied by another?

Maybe ignore the narling, leave and walk away calling her to distract..as soon as she comes reward!

Keep repeating until hopefully the unpleasantness is forgotten. Paying too much attention in trying to remove it only encourages it!

Wwwsuccessdogs.com

Great TRNG tips in positive reward training.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Also pistol grip water spray bottle - squirt at her saying NO!. When she becomes submissive THEN call and say Good Girl! And reward within three seconds.

Praise by name or good dog, good girl.

Scold only by 'bad girl, bad dog, or..Grrr! Or throat growling noise. The minute she is submissive....reward and fuss!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk