Long Time!!!! And A Accident :(

huskywolfdog

Hey so it's been a while since I've logged on so thought would say hello to old and new people! We still have rogue and summer and both doing fine!!!

I've moved and had lots of things on and happening hence why I've not been online Much!

I've just walked rogue and summer and of course on leads as rogue is on her season and we have had a little incident happen!

She's still bleeding lightly so hoping it won't result in puppies ! As I know every ones views on breeding ect .

I was walking my two when the male came out of no where off lead and all 3 started jumping around and before I even knew it he was on top and then tied :( I had a go at the guy saying he needs to put his dog on a lead as mine is on heat !!!! His words were oh!!! I went nuts oh oh is that all you can say !!!! He then started asking about money and puppies I then walked off with him saying that he wants his cut ! I said the only cut u need mate is yours and your dogs nuts cut off!!! So my question is if she's still bleeding can she possibly get pregnant????? I know some of you will ask why haven't you got her done ? Just was about to when this happened ! Now she's throwing up every where ??? It happened about 1.30 am and now it's 2.23 I'm really worried she's my baby and my sons life saver !!!!!!

post-9643-0-08294500-1410312269_thumb.jp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kerry welcome home. I don't have any advice regarding Rogue's accident since I've never had a girl dog, but please be sure that none of us would judge you for not having her done yet. I mean, we understand people have very different circumstances, so we always try to withhold judgment :) even if Rogue ended up pregnant (and you're not keen on abortion) I'm sure we have several experienced members here that can help you with pregnancy, delivery and puppy care tips :) so post away!

It is possible to get a mismate shot. Have her seen by the vet ASAP, to see if she actually is pregnant. If she is, you can ask to get a mismate shot. I've heard it can be dangerous and can come with risks, so talk to your vet about the risks and potential problems.

Good luck

I really don't like the idea of that shot or abourtion :( just how I feel thanks tho peps :)

Understandable however can you afford to feed up to 10 puppies? Afford their vet care? What if your girl needs a c section that's expensive enough as it is but even more so if she needs one in the middle of the night , what if a puppy is breach can u risk loosing her and the whole litter? What if she rejects the pups and u have to hand raise them , Whilst the risks might be rare it could still happen , I know what I'd rather do but that's just me a shot is a lot cheaper then puppies will be

Hi

If they tied then there is a very high chance she could of got pregnant

Sorry I didn't see when this post was but you can get a morning after pill for dogs (I'm not joking)

Go to the vets ASAP

Like someone said it's unplanned & unless you are made of money it is expensive Business , my girl was planned she had 9 pups & got mastitis , nearly died was in the vets for 4 days (not covered on insurance as it's pregnancy related) we had to hand rear 9 pups near Xmas , it was a struggle as both my partner & I are in retail , & couldn't have time off. We managed & didn't loose any pups , & our Girl Inca was fine in the end & (3k in vet bills)

Sorry that this has happened to you , that guy is a moron

X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he give you his name/address or do you know where he lives? He is responsible for any damage his dog does in public and so could be liable for any vet bills. Also, if he is on the road, it is a legal requirement that his dog is on a lead.

Like Nix said and Katy has explained (hi Katy! Welcome aboard!) pregnancy, delivery and puppy care is very risky. A whole lot could go wrong. But if you're not comfortable with the idea of abortion, I do think that dog's owner is responsible for at least half of all your vet bills and puppy care spending!

Hey guys thanks for your concern, I'm fully aware of all the risks that could happen, I can afford to feed 12+ puppies plus my 4 cats 2 children snake fish ect . I have deliverd dogs cats cows horses rats ect ect so I'm fully ware when a mother is in trouble :) and I'd stay up all night every night to hand feed puppies plus my friend also would help. She saved my sons life from a staff so I wouldn't let anything happen to her. Yes the guys dog lives a few doors away from me, his mum spoke to me today and was saying please keep your dog away from mine !!! I was like hold on my dog was on a lead required by law, your dog was off the lead, if you don't want to bred your dog get him done less change of cancer ect . She then turned around and said she can't handle it???? She's got nothing to handle it's gonna be all me whitch I'm ready for ! If he doesn't take responsibly it's simple he's not seeing any puppies until they are seen by vet microchipped flead wormed all other checks such as eyes hips scored ect and then he can see them and pay his half if not then he's not seeing them plus there is no stud contact !

First off hi and welcome back :D

This guy sounds like a douche!  He wants financial recompense for the pups - jog on mate - He can dream!  Sounds like you know about the risks involved with letting her pup if she is pregnant, but also look into the risks of the mismate jab too.  I researched it when a friend of mine's bitch got caught and there was a whole host of negatives to go along with the positives so it's something to look into but deffo speak to your vet too :)

If she's still bleeding then you've less of a chance of her getting pregnant i think but there is still a risk - hope she isn't though x

Yes. Mismate jab good however is there a time limit? My Westie got caught after her first litter in heat (too soon - it snuck up on me - missed the signs!) It worked too when I rang the vet.

The owner of the rogue dog should never have had his dog off lead! And paid attention duh!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

STD's also to worry about.

Jab or termination..

it's what's best for her welfare & future health; and head really needs to rule over heart....

See vet - consult;

what dog breed is the rapist?

Is there likely to be a real mismatch of hybrid and what complications in delivery if she's slight and he's big?

Even selling the pups may be difficult so recouping expenses w/o complications won't be covered..and the costs....

Just think for her not you.

Can't apologise - as a responsible conscientious KC past breeder (myself) YOU have to take the brunt.

She was raped.

Had no choice in the matter. Traumatic enough.

If you do not intend to breed from her let her have her 1 or 2 seasons so hormones kick in re maturity...and then nueter...her sex drive next time may well have her escaping to go find a mate...that's what they do....

We had some incredibly crafty bitches (rescues) on the farm who got out of 'escape proof solid kennels'...chewing or digging their way out - to mate! We learnt to put them on a long chain so they couldn't chew through leather or fabric....

It's nature.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yea if she is pregnant I'm letting her have this then getting done I don't really want too get her done but I'm not having another litter and her getting raped again it's not fair on her or me. Also won't be messy as well!!!!!!! Will keep you all updated have got homes for about 9 puppies so far so going good I'd rather let people down then Not have any homes yet