Spay

Stormy

Well I've booked Skye in to be spayed! She goes in Tuesday morning :(

Any advise?

They offered me normal spay which takes everything out or key hole which is just the ovaries I've chosen normal so she has everything out as she has had seasons though I'm unsure on my decision also the fact key hole is 249 and normal is 140

The hardest part is keeping them quiet the next day. We relied on the pain killers/sedatives from the vet to keep Chula quiet, but she still wanted to go go go by day 2. 

If you're picking her up the same day as the spay, she may still be coming out of the anesthesia. Chula stayed overnight for her spay, but when she had her tooth removed she came home the same day and coming out of anesthesia was SO heartbreaking because she was really confused and cried and cried the whole night. I just stayed by her and comforted her best I could but it was sad.

Pepto is for stomach upset. You can also use famotidine, which is an acid reducer, if she struggles with whatever meds you're given...though I'd ask about it if she's got antibiotics. Some of those aren't to be mixed with acid reducers.

Daughtry was very subdued for a couple  of days, then straight back into zoomies mode.

Which obviously is not good.

Gotta try to keep them calm for 3-4 days so the stiches can really take.

Also she'll likely put on weight afterwards.

We've cut Daughtry's food down by 2/3 and she's slowly losing some of the extra pounds.

Im gonna hate that day!!! Will take shadow out somewhere for a long walk try take my mind off it. The women at reception said they normally get us to call around 1-2pm to see how she is doing etc then collect later on aslong as all is okay! 

Im worried about bring her back will she be able to walk etc? As she is not a light dog and i cant lift her easily!

Im gonna hate that day!!! Will take shadow out somewhere for a long walk try take my mind off it. The women at reception said they normally get us to call around 1-2pm to see how she is doing etc then collect later on aslong as all is okay!

Im worried about bring her back will she be able to walk etc? As she is not a light dog and i cant lift her easily!

Skyla was fine she walked out the vets got into the car ( we helped her a bit lifting her bum lol) she got out fine too , and I bet she weighs more than skye lol :-P

Very interested to hear how it goes as I am having Bella Spayed at Christmas.  Really not looking forward to it.  But I know it has to be done as she should never have puppies being blind and most importantly for her future health.

Any advise on how to calm her down after wards and not distress her by keeping Noah away from her when she comes home.. keeping her in over night is not an option as she does not like being away from Noah or us.  We have permission from the vet to stay with her till she is sedated and to be there when she comes round.  They are also letting her come in to the pre op room so she can get used to the smell so its familiar for her a couple of times before she has the op.  

Aaa okay should be okay then :) i was more worried about her stitches etc if i have to lift her atall!

I've dropped Skye off there before so she knows what its like there she wasn't phased atall last time she may be different after this time mind!

Im not worried about Shadow he is super calm and i know he would leave her to it :)

The biggest problem I had was trying to keep Bear still afterwards. She commando crawled on her belly under our bed and snagged a stitch on the carpet rupturing a couple of the external stitches and bled for England on every surface available. The vet took a look and said it wasn't a problem though, would just mean she'd need an extra week before removing the stitches. He was right, she was fine. I on the other hand was a nervous wreck, lol. [emoji2]

Wow i cant help much on this one, I picked up Winter on the same day she was spayed so she came out still under the anesthesia. She could walk fine but also needed a lil lift getting into the car [emoji16] but since she was a rescue she was still scared to death, the first few days i had her she wouldnt eat anything, not even her pain meds /: but she never cried, never howled, never showed any signs of pain or illness. She functioned fine. The only thing i rlly had to watch for tho is how active she was. The vet told me they have to rest and take it easy for at least 10 days.

Stephanie Gonzalez