Stormy

Had a quote to get my garden done, 

It needs re turfing completely as its all dead... before i moved into the house the grass was actually alright but because it took 6 months to all go through the housing people didn;t bother maintaining it anymore and it all overgrew and weeds took over the grass so pretty much no grass left! Its just all dead now :(

Wanted the patio extended slightly, and a small fence across with a gate so i could let thedogs on the grass only when i wanted to.

£1400

Think ill be keeping it as it is :(

My garden was a mud Pitt two years ago. But I got several boxes of grass seed from wilkinson (was literally half the price than homebase but as it's part of the sainsburys group it might be cheaper for staff [emoji6]), fast forwards two years and I can't keep up with how much grass we've got. I'm literally pulling chunks of it out of the flower beds now.

It takes a while to grow and spread across but eventually it does get there.

Maintenance wise, when the ground is very wet and boggy, I only let the dogs out there to go to the toilet. The majority of the damage was done then as the ground was more fragile.

[emoji2]

Once the temperature drops in the mid-late autumn then the grass stops growing and becomes dormant. It should survive the winter ok and start growing again in the spring when the temp picks back up but tbh even if the snow and frost does kill it off, if it's only a few pound shop bags of grass you've not really lost too much and can always try again in the spring. Good luck Storm, hope it goes well for you! :up:

I was told by a gardener that even with weeds if you stri down (and remove) then roll and flatten to then mow - after six months (longer in winter slow growth) you will have a lawn! Adding seeds is a bonus but you need some topsoil cover (not a lot but enough to cover) to ensure seeding and growth takes hold...and water with hose everyday (not in sunshine so dusk or early morning). V important...or seeds will die, or the birds will eat!

Watering in sunshine by hose changes chemicals and not good for grass or plants - poisons it! - something to do with fluoride and other stuff to make it drinkable...

Worked for me! Nice lawn now and weeds get choked out with regular cutting as grass increases. Stubborn 'thug' weeds get pulled out with my weed extractor and hole filled in.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk