Going From Bad To Worse!

Emma

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks xxx

He was still poorly on Sunday and Monday. Whatever had caused him to get unwell had given him colitis. (He seems suspectible to this as he gets it quite a bit). So he ended up straining constantly and pooping the odd bits of blood and mucous. Still refusing to eat. Monday night he was given some medicine and seems to be on the up and up now. He's back to being his usual doggy dustbin self, although I'm rationing his food intake to small bland meals to give his body a chance to recover. He's not impressed by that but has done his first poo a few moments ago. Admittedly it was loose but it was a poo all the same, so I'll take that as a good sign. [emoji1]

Edit: I found a dead frog with teeth marks in it the day after they got sick and they also helped themselves to something when out on a walk so I'm suspecting that thus might be what triggered it all off. Bear didn't get sick other than a few loose poops but ice and his lifelong dodgy tummy, well it hit the poor boy hard.

It's amazing how we are obessed by poo :) When the kids walk the dogs, first thing I ask is 'how was their poo'? Love a good firm poo :)

That's so true! Ice has always had a really bad stomach. He didn't do a solid poo until he was almost a year old. The first time he did one I got so excited I took a photo of it and sent it to my husband! Lol

Glad to hear Sky is on the mend.....  :D

Do you have the photo off the first firm poo on the mantel peice.  :rofl:

I woke up to runny poo today in the kitchen.... not sure who's it is. seemed to light in colour for Noah... his is normally black... hopefully it is a one off.  All though he was sick as well.  He was guarding his sick pile and when I cleared it up he was looking for it wondering where it had gone.... Is that normal.. V strange dog. :D

Sorry Ice.. Going slowly senile. :D

I know the feeling Emma, Snow always has a runny bum and when it's solid I feel a sense of pride, good boy Snow that's a good one ;)

Lol. I did just write a reply to you but....um... It ended up on your happy dogs thread?! Don't ask me how on earth I managed that?!

Well, Ice woke up hungry today.  No accidents overnight and he's not pooped at all for over 24 hours now which means that hopefully this time he's really and truly on the mend. Fingers crossed no more up and down roller coaster rides.   He's been running around the back garden like a tazmanian devil but does seem to have a bit of a sore throat.  His voice sounds a bit croaky but given the amount of times he's been sick, i guess that's not really much of a surprise.  

Another poop pic for the mantle peice ???????? :D

Almost! Another poop pic to send to hubby! He never knows what he's going to find when he opens a pic from me. Lmao.

Have sent him individual pics of my poundland shopping spree once. He was like "why are you sending me 20 pics of junk?! I don't want to see your sink plunger! :rofl: