Muddy And Muddier

Markulous

Lovely time was had by all at the off-lead, yesterday

Well, not looking too bad here - no, really!

post-1633-0-53443000-1410518187.jpg

Slamdunked the little 'un! Rolled her over right in the middle!

post-1633-0-30972000-1410518247.jpg

Source of the problem - tennis balls (or rather, ex-tennis balls!) and mud!

post-1633-0-58383400-1410518301.jpg

Needless to say, collars towels and beds all in the washing m/c today - luckily, they're good at cleaning themselves :)

Just curious how do they clean themselves? Or rather how do you clean them? Molly doesn't mind the mud either and would happily follow another dog in to the mud pool if they are playing. If weather is good she would be almost clean after running through the high grass. Otherwise the mud stay and I am so dreadful about cleaning her. She is not fond of getting bathed, so if it is not too bad, I just towel clean her, but a lot of rinsing the towel lol. Then once dry, I brush her a bit.

We are going to dog park very often now as it drains her energy, and she become very calm afterwards, not pestering her brother Charly too often. So any tips for muddy dogs would be helpful :-)

post-12049-0-16437300-1410523158_thumb.j

Huskies seem to be amazing at getting really dirty and then being clean... almost like teflon.. as described in another topic...  If they get really dirty we have a hook where we attached the lead to and wash them down then inside for a towel dry... They hate being washed and if we don't tie them up it ends up in a game of chase me round the garden.   :cheeky:  

thanks NOBEL48! found the thread. Now I get the idea. We've another dog, a French basset, that would walk around the puddle, so never really have the need to clean him. Also with that breed it is not supposed to be bathed to often.

It just make me smile whenever I see a white-ish dog arriving at the dog park and later the owner has to go home with a completely different colour dog... yet you see the same people every time. things we do for our dogs :-)

Cheers, guys :)

Just curious how do they clean themselves? Or rather how do you clean them? Molly doesn't mind the mud either and would happily follow another dog in to the mud pool if they are playing. If weather is good she would be almost clean after running through the high grass. Otherwise the mud stay and I am so dreadful about cleaning her. She is not fond of getting bathed, so if it is not too bad, I just towel clean her, but a lot of rinsing the towel lol. Then once dry, I brush her a bit.

We are going to dog park very often now as it drains her energy, and she become very calm afterwards, not pestering her brother Charly too often. So any tips for muddy dogs would be helpful :-)

Huskies seem to be amazing at getting really dirty and then being clean... almost like teflon.. as described in another topic...  If they get really dirty we have a hook where we attached the lead to and wash them down then inside for a towel dry... They hate being washed and if we don't tie them up it ends up in a game of chase me round the garden.   :cheeky:  

Yup, the "Teflon" effect is, I think, as the mud quite often just sticks to the outer, guard hairs and so doesn't penetrate far. But once the fluffy undercoat is muddied, there're really only two solutions - the 'self-cleaning' where they lick themselves clean and:

post-1633-0-20903000-1410527753.jpg

Luckily, my boy is excellent at both (and even loves swimming when there's ice in the water!) whereas Skye is not quite so proficient at the 'self-clean'. But, as the photo shows taken two days ago (and 2 days after her 2nd birthday), she's now happy to swim - that was her first voluntary swim (she's accidentally gone out of paddling depth before and had to swim)

We've never bathed our Huskies but do encourage them to go for a swim (and they never smell - wet, damp or dry). The same can't be said for the German who smells when she's wet, smells when she's dry and won't clean herself - so she gets an occasional bath! :rolleyes: