Meet Eski

Maz51

Here she is. She's a real sweetie. They are alternating in turns in the crate; Chester is a mite too rough and far too amorous so he's booked into the vets now 08:15 Monday. He's two on 18th and it's time!

She's very vocal and quite funny with it. I will try and video this....

:-) a bit of simple sedation is helping with Chester but HE is now quite vocal too when he can't see her.

She's got the hang of the flap, played with her new Bad Cuz toy and chased and fetched rope toy too.

Eaten, drunk and deposited in garden.

Cuddles on lap and sofa and is revisiting the rooms she was shown on the lead when she arrived.

Shows a soft side to Dave altho' supposed to be a Lady's girl..nope ... not here! Good with both of us!

Happy days...I think tonight may be a somewhat sleepless night but the routine is planned...one in crate, bedroom door open then swap over later.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well TWO walks tonight. With each.

Chester met ?Cedar/Caesar BIG boy but not nose to nose - muzzled and snappy.

Three years old and only with new owners -a year and quite a handful altho soft indoors...pointed them to www.successdogs.com and Husky Owners site!

Chester also as good as gold and being slightly sedated he followed me on 'heel work' practically all the way.

He 'walked on' straight and ignored stuff when told.

Turned right onto 2nd exit of mini r'about in internal road by us, came about and turned Yaw (left) onto first exit out.

We then turned Gee (right) onto the green...soo pleased he's doing so well.

After a relatively sedate run around (off lead) he came str8 to me on 'Come' (rewarded) and did a minute down wait...then came immediately and, once hooked up onto harness told 'go home; home'.

Walked straight down 50 yards and turned right into our drive/path to home!Sat, waited until I stepped in then followed. Good Boy!

Then readjusted his harness for Eski (still a bit big but workable and out we went.

Makes Chester a real angel.

Will be starting tomorrow on SERIOUS training to focus, 'watch me' rewards and playtime.

And lead/heel work...all over the place.

'Eski! Come!' .....well err nope... except as an after thought.

Time given to sniff and investigate but not listening... (roll eyes).

It will be a test to get her up to speed with Chester but ...I think with a gangline (is that with a 'Y' lead off each harness joined onto an 'O' ring to then go with clip onto single line back to me?) And ... will she pick up off Chester on instructions re 'walk-on, steady, whoa, sit and the turns?

Anyone done this?

Chester was getting very over excited and trying unceremoniously to mount Eski the minute they met. We walked out for ten minutes

She's five weeks post 'season' and two weeks post op spayed. She was frightened and defensive.

After three hours no let up I contacted a vet's wife who knew exactly what to give & told me - & off I went to get it!

It worked within an hour+half - enough to stop both yelling and yipping and him panting & whining and Eski to stop swearing at him!

Taking turns in the crate...she has now settled and Chester on bedroom floor inside open door where they can see each other. I'll swap them over later. Peace reigns!

She has also sussed the dog flap so I don't need to open the door.

And he's booked into vet's for snip on Monday!

Thank you all - it's lovely to feel welcomed and supported with so much enhanced knowledge, experience and variations to similar challenges in these incredible dogs!

Thank you all.

Yes..Vet said give her two weeks to recuperate before even travelling and check wound site. IMO I'd next time say four weeks to ensure all trace of 'in heat' gone and let her own hormones settle.

I'd also have had Chester done at two years eg in the four weeks Eski'd be away (as he's now going in Monday) and ...give HIM time to eradicate equivalent teenage 14 year old boy's drive - all-mixed up emotions! Lol.

Another learning curve taken on board.

(Rolleyes:up)

Well. This morning I was SUMMONED outside by Eski - she was growling quietly and trying to talk WITH BadCuz toy in mouth - going to dog flap and coming back to me.... to join her outside to play! Haha...We did - me in dressing gown and slippers - oh my...!

Ha ha Any Pics.. I'm often seen in the morning chucking a toy chicken leg around in my PJ's.

I assumed this was normal husky owner behaviour!!??!?? since having Smokey I'm out in my PJs with her regularly in the wee hours of the morning!

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Well..muzzles off both now after an hour together in the garden. Run themselves ragged..and I'm happy they'll be good from now and even better soon after Chester's snip.

Go to Chester Cottee on FB to view updated videos to date...barely 17 hours and settling in well.

Second night and Eski has possessed the crate!  When I hauled her out - Chester dived in.  I got Eski to settle in the corner by the cage on separate bedding. Stood on guard to make sure she didn't go to crate until she lied down to sleep. (yawn - 1AM)

I was up again around 3AM and she was ensconced back in the grate - Chester on bedding by the bedroom door - also a trip trap but he sleeps there a lot anyway if too hot.

She has some not too serious issues - nipping at Chester when he comes to me for a hello/pat/fuss.

she gets her nose tapped smart like.

Treats for being good and sitting go to Chester then her - I think I need to establish who is top dog but feel I'm losing as Chester defers in most cases.

She gets eyeball to eyeball with me when being told NO - no nipping or bullying, and looks away fast.

I 'feel' she may have been walloped over hard as she hits the deck in total submission - almost fear - if I shout suddenly to stop behaviour and a possible scrap - and once she has stopped she is rewarded and fussed for being 'good girl to stop'.

Last night - a bit of 'focus' training':  treat on floor by foot; she was told to sit then lie down; as soon as she saw the treat and went towards it - my foot covered it; 

She stared and stared. then she lifted her head and eyes to me (and hand that was holding a treat!)  Yes! Good girl (two fingers to my eyes saying 'watch me') and rewarded within 3 seconds.

I had Chester on my left lying down too and saying please! but he settled and kept quiet as training went on.

I repeated this for five minutes - moving the treat around but covering it every time (gradually less and less) she started toward it.  Eventually she would glance once then focus on me.  GOOD GIRL!

End of lesson one.  This will be done every day at odd times.

Come! is practiced as well indoors anytime and I whistle if they're outside - practising recall.

(rewarded too)

Next is Down and wait....(I then call Come & reward)

Then Down and Stay...(I walk back and reward)

Heel work will be once I have her attention.  I will also work on 'touch' and stand on item...getting her eventually to pick up and give to me anything I chuck around and also to 'tidy up' putting toys into bowl like Chester does.  ho hum...

Off to band gig.  Friend is dog-sitting.

Catch up later......