Huskies And Small Breed Puppies

^Aurora^

Ok so my sister has an emergency and has had to drop off her pug puppy with me. I'm just wondering what's best to do re him and Aurora. Should I just keep them seperate or try and introduce them properly. He really is so tiny.

So far Aurora has just hid on the sofa from him and had a few sniffs. I suppose I'm just nervous as it would only take one snap from Aurora! She's never shown any sign of viciousness at all but I read so much about there prey drive that I'm not sure wether I should trust her? She's always been fine with my chihuahua but then the chi was here first?

Sorry I'm rambling,, any advice? x

Although no expert I would always err on the side of caution at ALL times no matter how tempting it is to simply let them 'mix' together without some 'formal introductions'.

Despite having four, (large), girls we have never experienced any problems, whatsoever, other than when either food or toys are involved, (in the very early days), so please make sure that they are not placed into this type of scenario at any time.

We have not had any small dogs but we do have a cat, a rabbit and we often have several hedgehogs and we have always been 100% successful introducing our cats to our dogs, (with no incidents whatsoever), but it does require a lot of hard work and supervision!

Omg so small and adorable!! [emoji7][emoji7] haha i guess it depends on how your husky is socialized. Shadow and Snickers (my mini pin) were best buddies but they were growing up together. I never had to supervise them but Shadow would tend to play a lil rough sometimes tho Snickers was one tough lil pup [emoji16]

It sounds like Aurora and the lil pug will be fine [emoji4] like everyone else says tho, keep an eye on them every now and then [emoji12]

Stephanie Gonzalez

:Up on all above..i've always crated newcomers and swapped them round with permanent residents for a few days when I can't be right with them. Both have freedom but get to know the newbie through the grills! Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk