Whats A Good Food For A 1 Year Old Husky?

Aimee

Our husky is just turning one - she is currently on science plan large breed puppy but we are wanting to move her onto a adult mix now. Ideally dry food - she is quite fussy i am a bit worried about her weight as she seems to barely eat anything! I looked online and origin was reccomended. Just wondered if anyone feeds their husky this or any other reccomendations - our vet has suggested royal canin large breed? Again any views on this? Her coat seems quite dull at the momen although not sure if this is because shes getting her winter coat or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do science plan do and adult version ?? might be best to keep her on the same food. We fed ours on Eukanuba large puppy till they were about year and a half.  They now are on wet food and biscuits.  We changed there food so that we could have set meal times.. Part of our training strategy.  They love there Breakfast/supper time.  We mix the wet food so they can have different flavours  textures.  Jelly gravy loaf. 

I know when we researched huskies they were in the medium breed class however at the vets they class as a large breed - probably to make more money! She is nearly as large as our old german shephard though and she isnt fully grown! Not sure if this makes a difference but her coat is very fluffy - her mums coat was the same.

I was thinking if changing fe science plan as she doesnt seem to be that interested in it anymore - hence i am worried about her weight. She is only walked an 45mins to an hour a day atm or a half hour jog as we didnt want to over walk her while she was young so shes not getting excessive exercise either! Under all her fluffy coAt you can feel her bones :( she tends to graze the only time she eats a lot is after her walk. I know huskies are frugal with her food so thats why im wondering if there is a better quality diet out there for her.

When it comes to dog food, there are so many choices. Everyone has an opinion. I would recommemd that you select a food free of corn, wheat, and soy. When you switch, do so over a 7 to 10 day period.

Huskies in the Heartland

We went by weight when choosing  what food to buy (small medium large).  And they both fell into the large breed weight.  Noah is very tall for a husky we were told once he had malamute in him.. not sure if this is true though.  Would have to have him DNA tested but I'm not going to do that unless it is for health reasons. 

Both Bella and Noah have beautiful soft shiny coats Noah's legs sparkle....  When not covered in mud etc...

Royal Canine is very expensive compared to most dog foods.

I was struggling to find a food for my pup until someone suggested Fishmongers Finest also a brand from pets at home. It is a little expensive but he loves it and its 60% Salmon so he's getting a healthy nutritious meal and what would be part of his natural diet or so I'm told

I feed mine Taste of the Wild, although I'm not sure if you guys can get that over in the UK.

Acana Regionals or Orijen are also of high quality, I think they are of better quality than Taste of the Wild. 

But, they are both pretty expensive. 

www.dogfoodadvisor.com is a great website for figuring out the best dog foods available. The most important thing is to feed them the best you can afford. :)