Fitbit Flex

Bambi92

Does anyone have a fitbit flex?

I'm thinking about getting one just wondering if anyone has it and thinks it's worth the money....

I lack motivation and don't like failure so I figure if I can see it it'll make me get off my butt and do more lol I'm really unfit and would like to be able to do things with phoenix without being so tired and out if breath so quickly even walking the dogs around the block bugger's me and it's not that far no where near what I use to walk a few years ago.

I have to force myself to walk to the shop if I need to by the time I get 10 mins in (I get to the end of my street) I'm buggered and don't want to go any further. I use to be able to walk 10km maybe more without a problem but now it's not even 1km :'(

I need to do it for my self and for phoenix that should be enough but it's not :(

It maps your walk, pace, distance and stuff like that...for me it is to see if once a week i can push myself just that little bit further and when I think I have walked for 1 hr this tells me that I actually only walked for 40 mins LOL....

Its motivation you are lacking the further you go the further you will be able to go :)

I can walk up to 4-5 miles no issues every day if i wanted to but its the motivation of getting up and doing it! I find if i dont get up early i lack a hell of alot of motivation where as if i get up at say 8-9 i tend to have alot more get up and go!

It maps your walk, pace, distance and stuff like that...for me it is to see if once a week i can push myself just that little bit further and when I think I have walked for 1 hr this tells me that I actually only walked for 40 mins LOL....

Yep that sounds like me lol I'll have to try it see what happens.

Its motivation you are lacking the further you go the further you will be able to go :)

I can walk up to 4-5 miles no issues every day if i wanted to but its the motivation of getting up and doing it! I find if i dont get up early i lack a hell of alot of motivation where as if i get up at say 8-9 i tend to have alot more get up and go!

I use to be like that when I lived in the sticks (middle of no where) I had to walk 2 hours to get to town just to use my phone I could do it with no problems other then the pain from my knees. Once i moved back to civilization I've gotten lazy and now after having phoenix I can't walk far.

At least you can walk that far now lol I sure wish I could :P

Having and keeping motivation is the hardest part. You have to establish a routine, and once you do, it should become easier for you.

I still have trouble with motivating myself to walk. But I found that music really motivates me; I only listen to music when I walk, and if I don't walk, then I don't get to listen to my favourite tunes!  

My Dad has the 'MapMyWalk' app, and its been a great help for him. He doesn't walk everyday, but his activity level is a huge improvement to what it was a year or so ago. He started out very slowly (example: walking down the street). Once he could do that without feeling exhausted, he gradually moved up to where he could walk around the block. Now, he's up to almost 4 kms...though to be fair he doesn't walk everyday (he says he will once he retires!)

Good luck, you can do it! :)

Dammit I haven't got enough space on my phone to download it lol might have to upload those 23gb of photos and videos to my comp.

I use to use music but now that I have Phoenix I can't unless I use it on load speaker so he can dance lol

I'll give it a try once I upload all my pics to the comp :) thanks all :)