Hello To You All...from Me, Eskimo, Floyd And Bethoven...

larangel

It took Echo (white GSD) 2 1/2 years to fully accept Darwin (Husky) into the pack.

We had bloodshed from daily fights. (both Husky / GSD and Human)

But with much patience and determination we got there.

Now they are best buds.

Time and Patience

i do not wish to risk anyone dying or hurting badly...i know about fights...but this goes beyond..bethoven never got on with male dogs..he only gets on with young non dominant ones..like my neighbourhood stray one..

He would fight with all my past male dogs, and eventually turned on all of them, he is extremely dominant, but more jealous of any dog near me..he was brought up as a pup by eskimo and floyd and eventually they both turned against eskimo, and teamed up to hurt him..two against one..so now i have them separated, and floyd spends time with both but she bullies eskimo a lot although she knows he can easily hurt her and has bitten her in the past...

One day as one was outside the kennel, and eskimo inside..they were fighting over the fence, eskimo's teeth got stuck on the kennel holes and bethoven grabbed his outside of mouth and ripped the whole side off through the fence of kennel...

i had to look after eskimo, take him to vet, and blend his food and hand feed him..plus he is 9 now...im not risking anything happening to any of my dogs again, and i already spent a lot of time before this happened trying to get them used to being tolerable to each other again...

but although i was away for two years, and my ex did not know how to keep the pack order or look after them properly, when i came back they all wanted my attention...

but he had not noticed they had turned two against one...

and also bethoven was initially playing with eskimo, after two weeks roughly fights started...

and usually bethoven started it with floyd eskimo doesnt bother or care...

but if provoked he fights back and already bit bethoven on his leg once tearing a piece...

im tired of fights, and do not wish to risk their well being...especially when one of them is 9...i hope to see him get old with me...as much as possible plus i do not have money to go to vets now as i have spent it almost all on the last visit there since eskimo was sick recently with gastrederitis a few weeks after he got better from the bites etc...so until i get a job im really careful...

its like people...some u like, some u dont, some u fight with and wanna kill, some u dont bother with...same....

and in wild wolves will kill each other till one prevails, or leaves the pack at times, im not willing to risk that happening as i care too much about them to see them hurt again...sorry but i think differently when i have already tried as i train my dogs myself and when i talk to them they listen but i know their personalities...Bethoven wants attention just for himself...he will listen if i tell him to not touch or hurt a dog unless things go overboard...even with eskimo he will listen if i tell him to sit and be calm but if any of them growl at each other then things go beyong control...Even when the female goes to pee bethoven goes and pees on her while she is peeing..he is that bad....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i do not wish to risk anyone dying or hurting badly...i know about fights...but this goes beyond..bethoven never got on with male dogs..he only gets on with young non dominant ones..like my neighbourhood stray one..

He would fight with all my past male dogs, and eventually turned on all of them, he is extremely dominant, but more jealous of any dog near me..he was brought up as a pup by eskimo and floyd and eventually they both turned against eskimo, and teamed up to hurt him..two against one..so now i have them separated, and floyd spends time with both but she bullies eskimo a lot although she knows he can easily hurt her and has bitten her in the past...

One day as one was outside the kennel, and eskimo inside..they were fighting over the fence, eskimo's teeth got stuck on the kennel holes and bethoven grabbed his outside of mouth and ripped the whole side off through the fence of kennel...

i had to look after eskimo, take him to vet, and blend his food and hand feed him..plus he is 9 now...im not risking anything happening to any of my dogs again, and i already spent a lot of time before this happened trying to get them used to being tolerable to each other again...

but although i was away for two years, and my ex did not know how to keep the pack order or look after them properly, when i came back they all wanted my attention...

but he had not noticed they had turned two against one...

and also bethoven was initially playing with eskimo, after two weeks roughly fights started...

and usually bethoven started it with floyd eskimo doesnt bother or care...

but if provoked he fights back and already bit bethoven on his leg once tearing a piece...

im tired of fights, and do not wish to risk their well being...especially when one of them is 9...i hope to see him get old with me...as much as possible plus i do not have money to go to vets now as i have spent it almost all on the last visit there since eskimo was sick recently with gastrederitis a few weeks after he got better from the bites etc...so until i get a job im really careful...

its like people...some u like, some u dont, some u fight with and wanna kill, some u dont bother with...same....

and in wild wolves will kill each other till one prevails, or leaves the pack at times, im not willing to risk that happening as i care too much about them to see them hurt again...sorry but i think differently when i have already tried as i train my dogs myself and when i talk to them they listen but i know their personalities...Bethoven wants attention just for himself...he will listen if i tell him to not touch or hurt a dog unless things go overboard...even with eskimo he will listen if i tell him to sit and be calm but if any of them growl at each other then things go beyong control...Even when the female goes to pee bethoven goes and pees on her while she is peeing..he is that bad....

I can sympathise.

Sounds like you have your hands full.

Good luck.

Husky hugs for all your furkids

Welcome too! Gawjus pack.

Here are my Chester on left.....(had from pup 9 weeks - just 2yrs old) and Eski(mo) arrived 12th Sep (re-home - owner died, with grandaughter since last year June, not used to dogs!) Aged 2.7 yrs...☺

faa92b5d95d33fb2008f570764aac219.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Welcome too! Gawjus pack.

Here are my Chester on left.....(had from pup 9 weeks - just 2yrs old) and Eski(mo) arrived 12th Sep (re-home - owner died, with grandaughter since last year June, not used to dogs!) Aged 2.7 yrs...☺

faa92b5d95d33fb2008f570764aac219.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wow adorable..so eski is a boy too ? like my eskimo ? i was meant to get his sister years before he was born but i couldnt on time, so instead i waited and im glad i did and got eskimo, a beautiful adorable boy that looked like a chabby sheep when i first met him...so cute...with different eyes, and one eye half blue half hazel..i waited to find one like him white for years..it was like a dream to me..and when i got him i was over the moon...i love them all but he is so clever, he is my angel...we are so connected..i take him to the beach and we sit and watch the sunset together..he is so close to me he just wants to be with me and sometimes its bad cause he gets protective when other dogs come near me...although he wants to play with them, his time w me is sacred to him...

Hi there and welcome - your Eskimo is a boy - my Eski(mo) is a girl!!

She's been with us now two weeks tomorrow and is really settled. They're not squabbling any more and she's still very talkative when she wants to go outside and play. 

Training is ongoing and she can lift a paw for please but has learnt to 'woof' too like Chester.

It's late and I'm sorry have to go - will follow the threads through this fabulous Husky Owner's Club...

Moving furniture around to empty main bedroom - quite a challenge in a 3 bed bungalow with no garage!! Hmmm

Night all

• 3 weeks later...