Thieves!

mydiamond

Long story short, I did the right thing and lost money doing it. It's only thirteen dollars, BUT STILL!

Short story long, I need iClickers for my Biology class and got it online from this one site. The customer service guy (or girl? I assume it's a guy) I spoke to was as lazy as the website's design. I don't know if it's just my grammar Nazi side acting up, or a first-world issue, but I totally hate receiving non-capitalized, one-worded replies to my well-worded, well-punctuated, whole-paragraph query. Anyways, the order came in time. But about four days later, I received extra clickers which I never ordered or paid for! My friends, and my bad side, immediately screamed "oh my gosh sell them!" but I chose to let it sit in my drawer for about three days, waiting for the company to notice their mistake. They never did. So I sent an e-mail telling them what happened. They sent me their address and I shipped the clickers back to them. The next day, I sent them a picture of the shipping fee's receipt. Five days later, I sent another e-mail with the shipping fee receipt because the first one didn't get any response. It's now been another three days. They're obviously not planning to reply anytime soon. 

Apparently being nice is expensive :( *sigh* I could've made at least twenty bucks selling them instead!

-- end of rant --

I would've told them that if they wanted it back they shoukd send someone to pick it up ;) too many companies here would do exactly the same and never refund the shipping cost! And it was their mistake in the first place...sounds like they have bad service or run their company on a disastrous way!

Awww Liv. You did a good thing, at least you can say that. If I were you I would keep hounding the company with emails on a daily basis and if no reply after a reasonable length of time, could always report them to whatever governing body regulates businesses in the states. (In the uk we report bad business conduct to the financial ombudsmen If I remember correctly).

I would've told them that if they wanted it back they shoukd send someone to pick it up ;) too many companies here would do exactly the same and never refund the shipping cost! And it was their mistake in the first place...sounds like they have bad service or run their company on a disastrous way!

:( guess I was too naive then. They're based in Utah though, whilst I'm in Michigan. I don't know exactly where Utah is, but they don't sound close by. That's why we utilized shipping companies :(

Awww Liv. You did a good thing, at least you can say that. If I were you I would keep hounding the company with emails on a daily basis and if no reply after a reasonable length of time, could always report them to whatever governing body regulates businesses in the states. (In the uk we report bad business conduct to the financial ombudsmen If I remember correctly).

Yeah I'm gonna pester them again tomorrow, hopefully I spoke too soon!

At least you did the right thing... a clear conscience helps you sleep better and live longer.... :D

:D thanks!

Being honest does not always pay...but remember karma is a biatch that WILL bite you in the bum...

Then I hope karma has sharp fangs! I'm a broke college student! :(

Being a good person is always better than trying to make a quick buck! :up:

What Rob says is absolutely true. It sucks that that's the way the world works. You did the right thing anyway.

Yeah, the world sucks :( thanks anyways x