Guess What!!!!! Soooo Excited

Sarah

Me and Marc have been having a lot of discussions lately, and we have decided on something so life changing I am totally excited every day!!

We're going for IVF!!!!  :D  :D  :D   Yes - hopefully, paws crossed I will finally have 2 legged kids AS WELL as 4 legged  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Obviously, first off I have to shift some weight, so 2 weeks ago I started a calorie controlled diet and changed my lifestyle a bit - different walking routes with the dogs, getting off at an early stop on my train and walking the rest of the way to work etc.  1st week i lost 5lb, this week i've lost 2lb :D

The plan is i've given myself 12 months max to loose 5 stone - that's 70lb (minus 7lb lost so far so 63 to go) Then, my parents have amazingly offered to pay for the IVF treatment as we have to go privately so in 12 months time I will have started!

Then, hoping all goes well, a year after that we can sell our house in Rochdale and move to Wales closer to my parents, and Marc's brother, his parents are also moving down there when they retire in a couple of years too.

So - the next 2 years are going to change my life soooooooooooooo much!!!

I've always wanted childen, Marc had the snip when he was with his 1st wife as she had chrones and so it was dangerous for her to get pregnant so he stepped up and made a hard decision to get neutered.  He went for the reversal a few years ago but sadly it didn't work......but we can still go through IVF as they can aspirate his sperm.

We've been together for 11 1/2 years and on 29th September it will be our 7th Wedding Anniversary 

So, you'll be physically seeing less of me as the months go on and I loose the weight, because I will do ANYTHING for this to work seriously - someone brought cake in the other day to work and said oh you can have a piece but I said nope - cake or baby....hmmmm I choose baby, no cake for me, and that's how i'm looking at it all from now on.

Wow sorry for the long post but I am just so so happy right now! :woohoo:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really pleased for you both :)

For anyone else wanting to lose weight, why not start a thread whereby once a week there can be a weigh in and that way those wanting to shed a few pounds can help support each other.  For those not needing/wanting to lose weight, they can just be supportive.  WDYF?

Oh that's a good idea! Husky fat club lol (that's what i used to call slimming world when i went - "fat club" lol)

Absolutely fantastic  news, good luck to both of you. ..........Oh, and Sarah, since when did you become a bloody yank. It's MATHS not math.  And no Vodka????   LOL.

Gary.

Heyyyy - Baby, or Vodka?  Baby wins!  I know shocking to hear me say that lol 

And it's the "yanks" on here making me talk funny lol :P

You could have a slimmer of the month competition, am I going over board now?  Just trying to figure out ways to help :)

I'll do a separate thread :)

OH, WOW !!!!!!!

That is fantastic news.

Keeping EVERYTHING Hooman and Husky crossed that everything goes perfectly.

Heyyyy - Baby, or Vodka?  Baby wins!  I know shocking to hear me say that lol 

And it's the "yanks" on here making me talk funny lol :P

Wow, giving up Vodka, you are serious.  Think we need to give our American friends some lessons in proper English LOL.

Gary.