Sushi & Mochi

BKarchitect

Hi all,

After all the heartbreak of losing Yuki and then Sashimi within a very short period, we still ended up getting our Sushi man a companion as he was a little lost without Sashimi around.  So please say hello to our new little girl, Mochi!

Mochi is just over 8 weeks old and a tiny little girl compared to our fuzzy polar bear Sushi.  But she holds her own with Sushi...in the 4 days they have been together, they have quickly become big brother and little sister.  They play HARD and often...indeed the biggest challenge at the moment is training them to "walk" and "potty" when we go outside.  Not that they don't know how to do it - they just are rather distracted with each other at all times.  Leashes end up twisted in a pile of intertwined husky the moment we go outside.  Sushi uses his weight to body slam little Mochi and also tries to drag her around by her ear or tail or whatever body part he can get his mouth around but she is feisty and resilient and super nimble and athletic compared to Sushi.  Already she runs up and down stairs with aplomb, scales gates and sharpens her little teeth on any object she can reach including Sushi.  Pure husky!

It has been a long journey this past month but my wife and I and the rest of our animals are ready for some stability and good luck!  And I think we have our new pack settled now for a long, long time to come! 

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Congratulations on your new addition.  :D    l was truly sorry to hear about Sashimi, so very sad.  Sending lots of husky love your way, good to see Mochi and Sushi getting along so well together. It can be pretty hard having 2 pups at the same time as yes, they do distract each other a lot and have a tendency to teach each other bad habits, lol.  But stick with the training and it will pay off in the end.   

:huskyhugs: xxx

They both look adorable :)

You sure have your hands full with 2 husky puppies, rather you than me ;)

I think you'd be better off walking them seperately if you want to crack on lead walking, my youngest one was and still is a nightmare when walking with one of the others and he is 14 months!

Also I read it's not a good idea to let young pups climb stairs, apparently it's not good for their joints, this isn't a problem for me as we live on the ground floor but may be worth thinking about.

Good luck :)

• 4 weeks later...