Aggressive Behavior

MarkoMKD

Today was the final blow up. I went to my friend living 2 houses away with my girl,he has labrador called Aya 2 years old and it is with Bella since i got her from 5 month,they were like sisters.Playing every day,but after her second heat period she is a lot different. Now she is barking at some dogs and putting herself in aggressive stance. The first time she attacked Aya was maybe 2 weeks ago when we tried to walk together. Second time was when she was choking 3 days ago,and today she was very aggressive,took hard bite on her neck,good thing she isn't hurt. Aya was holding back defending and barking but in same time she was shaking like mad and was scared a lot,i don't know what's wrong with my girl,she is changed a lot. What do you think is the problem here ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why spaying her would help is because when a dog goes through a heat cycle there is a fluctuation of hormones that can cause aggression. When you spay or neuter a dog, you are removing the reason why those hormones fluctuate. 

Edited by SolitaryHowl

The reason why spaying her would help is because when a dog goes through a heat cycle there is a fluctuation of hormones that can cause aggression (just like in human females). When you spay or neuter a dog, you are removing the reason why those hormones fluctuate. 

Oi oi! I do not bite anyone during my period :(

Is there any other solution ? 

Famous breeders and trainers here are advising to breed the dog once,and after that spay it,it was removing the risk of cancer,that's what i heard

Before you get lectured I'll give you the short version regarding breeding her. 

Don't.

Is there any other solution ? 

Famous breeders and trainers here are advising to breed the dog once,and after that spay it,it was removing the risk of cancer,that's what i heard

There is absolutely NO evidence that support breeding your dog before spaying them has any benefit. To be blunt, what you heard was wrong.

Spaying does remove the risk of some types of cancer, and can increase the risk of others (but the chances of them developing those types of cancer is very rare to begin with!) I've attached a document to my post that shows you the long term health effects of spaying or neutering your dog. Its important to be properly informed before you make a decision like this (and get information from many sources!) :)

However, if your husky is aggressive (to the point of biting) because of her heats/periods...then I would highly recommend you get her spayed despite any side-effects. It is not worth the risk of a severe bite.

LongTermHealthEffectsOfSpayNeuterInDogs.pdf

Of course that i was going to gather as much intel as i can..Buy from what i heard here in this region,my plan was to breed her at 2 years,find some fancy homes for the puppies and spay her.People were asking me,are you mad not to sell them ? Do you know how much money you can make,don't spay her you are mad and stuff like that.Only reason i wanted to do is,i told you above,but if that is not true,i will take her to the vets as soon as i collect some money for spaying and got some free time cos im joining the army now

Of course that i was going to gather as much intel as i can..Buy from what i heard here in this region,my plan was to breed her at 2 years,find some fancy homes for the puppies and spay her.People were asking me,are you mad not to sell them ? Do you know how much money you can make,don't spay her you are mad and stuff like that.Only reason i wanted to do is,i told you above,but if that is not true,i will take her to the vets as soon as i collect some money for spaying and got some free time cos im joining the army now

It is not true.

And, if you breed properly and responsibly, you barely make any money on the puppies. Sometimes you lose a lot of money. 

And thank you for joining the army to serve your country. I could never have the courage to do something like that!

Glad to hear you're going to get her spayed, it makes life so much easier.

We've had people asking us if we're breeding Bear, I think most of us have probably been asked this at one time or another. I just said no and ended the conversation. Bear is part of my family, not a money machine and I found it quite insulting that people would think of her in that way.

Definitely get her spayed - having pups will not reduce the risk of cancer but it will increase the risks to her - complications during pregnancy can be fatal and costly - she could need a c section - an operation to get the pups out that costs a lot of money and no guarantee she would survive, it's not worth the risk at all.

Getting her spayed would calm her down a lot and reduce the risks of the aggression she has shown

I thought i remembered this conversation before - you asked the same question but in a different way in this thread - 

and you were also given advice then about the risk of having pups and how her having a litter gave no benefit to her 

This thread was locked - as per the rules "If a thread has been locked, please do not recreate it. The thread has been closed for a reason."

Sarah my point here was totally different,we get to that topic on the way somehow and i didn't had any toughs for it..sorry if i did something wrong O.o

Nix i know that have her litter won't help with calming her down,do you see now how you recreate my words and questions and at the end it's me who is fault is ? 

I said,on the way,that i HEARD from people that having litter will lower the risk of cancer WHICH i learned here not to be true so i SAID that i will SPAY her as soon as possible as i'm joining the army and my parents could not handle the third heat by themselves. I don't know for the most of you but Ema figured it out and said "glad to hear that you are going to spay her".

EDIT:

And yes i know that it's very strict topic to talk about breeding here,but i will say this only once.

It really hurt my feelings if you think that i was going to breed her for money. Thanks

No I said having a litter won't help meaning it won't help her in general there's no reason for her to have a litter at all , it doesn't help with cancer etc you misunderstood me

In that case yea i misunderstood you sorry,i tough you are saying that won't help with the topic we were talking too,about her behavior.