Bigby The Guard Dog?

BIGBY

Hey,

We get a lot of people coming and going from our home and since he was first brought home he's always been around tons of different people but lately it seems that if any one of these people (exceptions to people who he trusts) touch things Bigby jumps in, laying on top of what it is they're touching and starts barking. 

If me, my dad or mother approach him and remove him there's no problem, likewise if someone is with this person all the time but as soon as they're alone and start touching Bigby doesn't like it.

He's super friendly to every person he meets, so is it behaviour I should encourage?

Resource  / toy / food / people guarding.

No not a good behaviour.

it's a slow process to desensitize them by getting people to touch and eventually take things from him

It's only when it comes to "our" possessions though. You can take anything of his from him with no problem but if someone new touches or moves things of ours when none of us are present is when he "jumps in"

This is what has me so confused.

I hear what you're saying but to me it does sound like a guarding tendency too, a "that's the property of my pack and youre not part of it...so keep yer hands off!". He might be willing to let things go now but in time as things progress this could change, so probably a good idea to tackle it now whilst it's still early days.