Chester & Eski

Maz51

Ok...Thx..

I'm usually pretty good tech wise but this is prob the reason as my phone is used much more than the PC!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Robke and Jase - you both posted comments but I couldn't find Kerri's comments until now and been fiddling to download the picture of her harness (and find the flipping icon to use!)

Heck! I couldn't SEE the paper clip or Attachment thing to get this on in my earlier post - wonder why it was hidden.....but.... here is the hybrid harness I have for Chester along with Kerri Hooner's site quotes: 

"The Hooner hybrid is a very well proven harness designed by ourselves, it is perfect for all activities including Cani Cross and all Joring Sports.  Manufactured with the high quality heavy weight snap tested at 2.5 ton."

Kerri assured me this would be great for pulling trike rigs which I hope to get - when I can afford one!

Other reviews came back on Keri's site also:-   re lent out hybrid harnesses out to others and the old x-back harnesses put back on to the dogs;   they refused to pull!  and were obviously much happier to stick with the hybrid harnesses that they had AFTER the x-backs.  

Just thought I'd let you know... I will get a harness made to measure for my Eski.  Can then go for gangline/leads and collars etc from Indi-dog as the prices are pretty competitive....and I really like the colour combos I can put on my two - Royal Blue and Purple! 

Kind regards

Maz51

post-12296-0-39837300-1411570256.jpg

Hi, Maz to put video on here first you need to upload the video to You Tube

Then once that's done copy the you tube address from the top of the page and simply 

paste that link address into your reply

Hi Robke and Jase - you both posted comments but I couldn't find Kerri's comments until now and been fiddling to download the picture of her harness (and find the flipping icon to use!)

Heck! I couldn't SEE the paper clip or Attachment thing to get this on in my earlier post - wonder why it was hidden.....but.... here is the hybrid harness I have for Chester along with Kerri Hooner's site quotes: 

"The Hooner hybrid is a very well proven harness designed by ourselves, it is perfect for all activities including Cani Cross and all Joring Sports.  Manufactured with the high quality heavy weight snap tested at 2.5 ton."

Kerri assured me this would be great for pulling trike rigs which I hope to get - when I can afford one!

Other reviews came back on Keri's site also:-   re lent out hybrid harnesses out to others and the old x-back harnesses put back on to the dogs;   they refused to pull!  and were obviously much happier to stick with the hybrid harnesses that they had AFTER the x-backs.  

Just thought I'd let you know... I will get a harness made to measure for my Eski.  Can then go for gangline/leads and collars etc from Indi-dog as the prices are pretty competitive....and I really like the colour combos I can put on my two - Royal Blue and Purple! 

Kind regards

Maz51

If you think that the harness is good for your dogs fine...I would not use them just because I trust the x-back more a it is a proven tool...and saying that they would not pull with x-back after the had the hybrid harness on is IMO nonsense if they love to run they will do it with every harness is a good sales pitch...

Hi Maz,

That style looks like a direct copy of a Non-stop Dogwear line harness. I think the main issue is that the D-ring is going to be situated around half way on the dogs back so the angle of the line to the rig/scooter will be greater so the pulling power is not as efficient as when lower down.

I think that as a hybrid it certainly does a number of tasks, but in my limited experience and understanding is that it won't do as good a job as a purpose built harness like an X-back for the specific task of pulling a rig or scooter. 

Non-stop dogwear do make a unique type of harness called a free-motion harness that is sort of a cross between yours and a x-back which is probably a better hybrid and they also do a Nome harness 

http://www.non-stopdogwear.no/index.php/engï¿ÂÂ%C2%BD/Our-products/Harnesses

http://non-stopdogwear.co.uk/non-stop-dogwear-freemotion-harness-299-p.asp

I had the Non-stop line harness (similar to yours) and found it great at the river and beach attached to a long line for running and swimming, so I do think they have a use. 

Thanks guys - input interesting.

I have also checked others who use this hybrid one : with 100% results.

From a veterinarian's viewpoint the x-back is good but, if any hip or back issues exist it isn't.

The x-back has been around a long time (and proven for most) However, the design of the Hybrid (and there's another variation on the Hooner Hybrid too), this gives maximum support and allows max support but also 'give' to the back and hind legs/hip joints.

The x-back is, (to many now, using the Hybrid) a tad outdated given the 'engineering' R&D that went into this and other designs Kerri Hooner makes, hence a bit more in price, incl under veterinarian input too.

I'll stick with this. ?

The straps are more padded and wider to give max support and load spread particularly on breast bone & shoulders/chest but also on the back vertically to the base of ribs at strongest circumference.

(Using my nursing A&P here (!) in twist/adverse strain against lower back & hips with a x-back not so 'giving').

My HuskyXMalamutes are bigger than (most) Siberians and I agree with KH in her theory design - much tested.

Check Arctic Quest (20 mins away from me) who run Sibs and other dogs for paying runs with the public, as an intro into dryland sledding & day/camping events - they use Hooners. ☺ Cheers again.

I'll use Indi-dogs too for gear...saving hard now...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk