Trying To Take Pictures Of My Dog.. Fail Lol

GohanTheHusky

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep most of the time or they close their eyes...now when we use the camera (not phone) put it on sport mode make 1000 pics delete about 994 and the rest should be alright :D

Same here! When I use my GoPro I put the 3 photo burst and just take several pictures.. Then I delete like 50 pics and keep like 5 because the rest are him not looking or blinking  :lol:

Hilarious video!  Yuki would occasionally do this but not always.  She didn't like it when I stared into her eyes though, she would always turn away if I looked too hard at her face.  The pups are hard to get on camera simply because they are always in motion.  I just smash my iPhone button like 30 times real quick to take camera photos, hoping I catch 1 or 2 decent shots!

Hilarious video!  Yuki would occasionally do this but not always.  She didn't like it when I stared into her eyes though, she would always turn away if I looked too hard at her face.  The pups are hard to get on camera simply because they are always in motion.  I just smash my iPhone button like 30 times real quick to take camera photos, hoping I catch 1 or 2 decent shots!

Thanks hope you liked it!! And haha that is true! I do the same thing with my iphone button  :rofl:

Darwin is exactly like this. . . 

He's doing something photo worthy then. . . . . . 

:click: and turned / moved / gone !!!

Dammit

Darwin is exactly like this. . . 

He's doing something photo worthy then. . . . . . 

:click: and turned / moved / gone !!!

Dammit

Lol! Its just too funny! And I love the animation of the camera guy!  :rofl:

Lmao. Whenever I see something good happening by the time I've got the camera ready they've stopped doing it, lol.

Happens every time to me too!!!

This happens a lot LOL.  Or they will be playing and acting goofy, then I will try recording them...and they stop lol

Right! It always happens to me too! Especially when I want to record something for his youtube channel! 

It's all about timing, though the secret is to always to get ready for them - not get them ready for you! I never use burst/multishot/machine gunning but use prediction and timing - guaranteed higher success rate and you're in control of the camera not the camera in control of you. Then of course there's the setting - it must enhance the subject and make them look great!

Luka always turns away if I point the camera, so I wait until he's ready

post-1633-0-09417600-1411631188.jpg

Granite's still not learned to ignore me!

post-1633-0-42978100-1411631304.jpg

Haha he was just posing! To cute

He was! Haha thank you!  :redface1:

It's all about timing, though the secret is to always to get ready for them - not get them ready for you! I never use burst/multishot/machine gunning but use prediction and timing - guaranteed higher success rate and you're in control of the camera not the camera in control of you. Then of course there's the setting - it must enhance the subject and make them look great!

Luka always turns away if I point the camera, so I wait until he's ready

attachicon.gifIMG_4863.jpg

Granite's still not learned to ignore me!

attachicon.gifIMG_3521FB.jpg

Thats true! Nice pics!

Glala is the same, lol. Except that she would just leave the room if I tried it for too long. My usual strategy is to have the camera ready but NOT pointed towards her until I'm going to make a photo. Not sure what is it, but I think some dogs find it intimidating having a giant DSLR lens pointed at them. I usually have one or two chances that way, but it's always worth it when it does work  :)

post-2355-0-71086000-1411768573_thumb.jp

Dana and especially Wodak don't mind. Wodak is the kind of dog that pauses what he's doing so you have enough time to photograph him from any direction you want while he'll maintain his latest pose. If you want him to stay in one place, don't commend him to stay. Just show him your camera  :rofl:

post-2355-0-77946200-1411768774_thumb.jp