Humping Husky

AryaStark

Sorry if this has been covered already but I cannot find too much information. 

My husky turned 1 in August and already went through her first heat at about 8 months. 

She has got to be the most horny dog ever. She just loves to hump anything and everything and everyone! 

I am wondering if there are any tips to stop this behavior. 

I will be looking into getting her neutered but not until she is fully grown... until then any help would be appreciated!!!

Yeah it will be a dominance thing.

By humping you she's proving that you are lower than her in your

family / pack hierarchy.

Yeah it will be a dominance thing.

By humping you she's proving that you are lower than her in your

family / pack hierarchy.

Is it the only reason? I ask because in every other way she acts lower i.e she listens to me and knows that I provide food etc 

If she is being 'bold' and I stand up to correct her she immediately stops what she is doing and will even submit ... even though she has never been hit or mistreated 

There is only the two of us in the pack but I have an extended family and she will look to me for guidance when they are about.

Is it the only reason? I ask because in every other way she acts lower i.e she listens to me and knows that I provide food etc 

If she is being 'bold' and I stand up to correct her she immediately stops what she is doing and will even submit ... even though she has never been hit or mistreated 

There is only the two of us in the pack but I have an extended family and she will look to me for guidance when they are about.

Just like a toddler will be willful and do little things to "get their own way" dogs of most breeds will try this on

Ah humping...... Now don't take what I'm about to write that I'm an out and out wrong in.... But has anyone ever known or heard of anyone to imitate this behaviour to prove dominance over their humping beastie.  Ok that sounds so wrong..   As part of training, pack leadership thing....

Ah humping...... Now don't take what I'm about to write that I'm an out and out wrong in.... But has anyone ever known or heard of anyone to imitate this behaviour to prove dominance over their humping beastie.  Ok that sounds so wrong..   As part of training, pack leadership thing....

You mean that you do the humping???

I cant imagine trying it with a straight face!!!!!!

Nymeria is very well behaved when I am serious about something i.e the first time she touched an electric wire I gave out and she has never went near another

When she does the humping the look on her face is so funny and she is so intent on it that I cant help but find it amusing .. think that is why she does not take me serious when I say stop!

You mean that you do the humping???

I cant imagine trying it with a straight face!!!!!!

Nymeria is very well behaved when I am serious about something i.e the first time she touched an electric wire I gave out and she has never went near another

When she does the humping the look on her face is so funny and she is so intent on it that I cant help but find it amusing .. think that is why she does not take me serious when I say stop!

I ment to say that after I push her away from humping she will push her ass into me ... I take this to mean that she wants me to have a go (I dont though)

I ment to say that after I push her away from humping she will push her ass into me ... I take this to mean that she wants me to have a go (I dont though)

She's not necessarily "offering" herself but she is putting herself into a submissive position

Well you never know some crazy dog behaviourist might of tried it....  Just couldn't imagine doing it.  but thought I'd ask... :D  When Noah or Bella do this, it's straight faced, push them down.. walk away repeat.. Noah and Bella don't seem to do this much but other dogs seriously like Noah...  Its ok but he starts getting annoyed and when its a little dog it worries me... I try to not make an issue of it with the owners, but for their sakes I wish they would stop there dogs from doing it.. One day I am going to be bit trying to save a wee pouch. :( 

Well you never know some crazy dog behaviourist might of tried it....  Just couldn't imagine doing it.  but thought I'd ask... :D  When Noah or Bella do this, it's straight faced, push them down.. walk away repeat.. Noah and Bella don't seem to do this much but other dogs seriously like Noah...  Its ok but he starts getting annoyed and when its a little dog it worries me... I try to not make an issue of it with the owners, but for their sakes I wish they would stop there dogs from doing it.. One day I am going to be bit trying to save a wee pouch. :(

Glad to hear its not your way of training .. i was getting a bit worried about Bella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Lol...so funny!!

Chester wanted to hump any dog he met - scary for the owners and the small dogs!

Since his neutering...he is so much better - much to my relief!

I used a pistol grip spray stream shot on him - certainly stopped him but he did keep trying. It was bliss to be able to relax and my two now play and pull, run and roll a lot through the day....

My grass is dissappearing fast... reckon plastic turf will be my lifesaver.... ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk