New Doggy Soon... Wooohoooo.. Fingers Crossed

NOBELHOWLUC49

We are hoping to adopt a rescue dog.... This little lady is called Donna... I want to call her marmite... met with resistance from the family on that name ... :angry: she was found in a rubbish tip with her sisters.  So sad how can you do that.....

I have spoken to the rescue centre, sent in my application form and explained the hours we all work and that she would only be on her own for about 2 3 hours a day at most.. They say that's ok and will call later today or tomo to discuss things further.... I am so excited...

I hope that Noah and Bella will like the idea to...  (Mark is upstairs asking them.. Nutter) No doubt there will be a lot of home checks visits etc... but it will be worth it....

I would love to open a doggy day care centre... bit like a kids nursery....  for people who would like a dog but would have to leave them all day.   My Dream job.... :D

Really nervous to... should I scrub the house clean... tidy the garden..... for the home visit... :(  Polish our woofs and put a pink bow in Bella's hair...  Hope Bella likes the home visitor she can be funny with some people.....

post-12200-0-11661000-1411822890.jpg

Awesome, Hope it goes well for you.

and. . . 

Marmite is a great name :clap:

We had a Collie called Biscuit so I'm not one to judge :P

Don't get to uptight as many of us have been there previously!

But if you have a suitable garden, suitably fenced on all sides, and you can display a genuine love of dogs, (you are already there on that one), then all should be fine!

We were vetted by one of the top Husky rescue centres and we were a tad worried but all went well and the inspector spent 3 hours with us!!!

Good luck and I hope that you are soon able to provide a home for one of these wonderful animals - but beware as 1 becomes 2 and then. . . . !

I am having high opposition to Marmite....  The alternative is Honour, which I can understand, Honour Donna..... Less confusing for Donna....Anyway told them I am going to name Noah, Butter, Bella, Toast.... and I'm going to have another dog and call it Tea...  Perfect back from the Pub snack.... I love Marmite...  :huh:

I am having high opposition to Marmite.... The alternative is Honour, which I can understand, Honour Donna..... Less confusing for Donna....Anyway told them I am going to name Noah, Butter, Bella, Toast.... and I'm going to have another dog and call it Tea... Perfect back from the Pub snack.... I love Marmite... :huh:

I like marmite too, both as a toast topper and name. Honour is nice too but it's making me picture the vintage TV glamour puss 'Honour Blackman', lol. Will need to invest in a blonde wig for her. [emoji6]

I am having high opposition to Marmite....  The alternative is Honour, which I can understand, Honour Donna..... Less confusing for Donna....Anyway told them I am going to name Noah, Butter, Bella, Toast.... and I'm going to have another dog and call it Tea...  Perfect back from the Pub snack.... I love Marmite...  :huh:

When we rescued Echo she was 18 months old and her name was Ginny.

She took to her new completely different name with no problem at all :)

We called our Nan,  Ginny, cause my older brother could not say Granny... LOL...   But Echo is a really good name for a Husky... every time you try to recall it sounds like an echo.... Come back... come back....... you know how it goes...

Ok now Mark is getting silly... he's going to call her My Mate.... :rofl:  We have not even got the go ahead and we are arguing over her name...  Poor girl,,   if only she new, she would probably beg to stay with her Foster carers,,,,

Well spoke to a lady from the rescue today and Donna (marmite) prob would not be suitable for our home as we are a boisterous lot.  She came over from Romania and is extremely nervous with other dogs and does not like things to hectic.   so for her sake we will not be having her.  :(  she is with a couple in Dorset who are slowly working with her to be less nervous and social.   Good luck to Marmite I hope she finds her for ever home soon.

Anyway another lady is going to call and arrange a home visit where we will be able to discuss our home life and the best dog for both Bella an Noah and especially for the new doggy to be happy with us. 

This maybe a long process but I would rather it be this way, than send a doggy back because we missed something... 

Still excited though :D And the new doggie will still be called Marmite :D