Strange Dream..

Stephanie Gonzalez

Please read, it would mean alot to me. Idk if maybe Snickers is trying to tell me something or im just going crazy..

So for those of you who havent heard, Shadow and I lost our best friend, Snickers the night of July 8.. Yesterday night they brought up Snickers in a talk, and i ended up in tears. When i went to sleep, i had a dream about him.

My dream: I was upstairs in my room, holding Winter and looking out my window when i see a small dog extremely similar to Snickers on our driveway. I was in shock thinking my mind was messing with me, but after staring long and hard, i realized it was Snickers. He was just there looking around, with his old blue collar on but he also had a black harness on (of which i have never owned a black harness for Snickers), and i instantly thought someone has had him this whole time.

I crazily tapped the window to get Snickers attention. After a bit he looked up at me and stayed there. I started yelling to my sibs that Snickers is outside the house and to go get him, but no one answered back. As i saw Snickers makin a run for it up the street, i put Winter down and dashed to the front door and into the streets. He had dissapeared, but i ran the direction i saw him go in. The few people i passed, i asked if they saw a small brown dog run by, a couple answered me back.

I hit up a 4-way street, and to my right was like a recreational park, it was empty tho so i thought to myself Snickers couldnt be there, and i turned left instead. I hit another 4-way street and went right up the hill, but after a bit i thought that i went too far and turned back down.

When i came across the recreational park, instead of going back down the street i went straight into the park, i had a gut feeling to go there. I yelled out for Snickers, and soon after i see this lil dog far from me playing under a hollow log. I ran and got close but saw it was another lil dog playing around. Soon after a saw a few more dogs come out and started to run and play. Next thing i know, many dogs of all shapes and sizes came out and were playing with each other, it was beautiful, like dog haven. None had owners, so i thought maybe this is where strays go to, and maybe Snickers was among them. I started to walk more into the park looking among dogs and logs for Snickers and thats all i can remember, i think my dream ends there.. I never saw Snickers again after he bolted from my house.

ad3fa63eb7f42b27c0966be078345101.jpg

Stephanie Gonzalez

I DO believe in premonitions, had a few myself. It might be that this is one, it might be that your subconscious is telling you not to give up, that snickers is out there somewhere. This may sound silly, but watch your dogs, don't forget how good their sense of smell is, if they suddenly want to go in a totally different direction, perhaps you should let them, yes they could be following a random person eating something interesting, but maybe, just maybe, they know something you don't.

I DO believe in premonitions, had a few myself. It might be that this is one, it might be that your subconscious is telling you not to give up, that snickers is out there somewhere. This may sound silly, but watch your dogs, don't forget how good their sense of smell is, if they suddenly want to go in a totally different direction, perhaps you should let them, yes they could be following a random person eating something interesting, but maybe, just maybe, they know something you don't.

I really hope this one is a premonition, Snickers maybe leading me to where he is at.. And maybe it is too. I dont want to give up but each day passing by just gets harder to have hope of his return :(

And thats true, i used to pay attention to Shadow sniffing when we walked to see if he caught a sniff of Snickers, eventually i stopped. Ima keep trying again tho, see what happens..

Stephanie Gonzalez

I do believe in these kinds of dreams, I myself have dreams like it all the time. They feel and look different to normal dreams. They normally have an air of creepiness to them, like I shouldn't be there, mine are never in full colour, they are always kind of grey and I can never see more then what's going on in front of me, the rest is just white or distorted. It's strange. They started when I was a kid, I had loads as a teenager and they have leveled out now, they only happen once in a while now. The freakiest one was the ring of stones in my cousins back garden. I had the dream about a month before I went over to their house randomly, in the garden, exactly where I had seen it was the ring of stones. Their cat had died and they had surrounded his grave with them. I knew then that sometimes I saw stuff in advance. I have occasionally dreamed of where to find something, so this might be it. Look for that park and you might find your dog if it is one of those dreams.

The one thing I have to say is, I've only ever had animals and people (when my nan died I had no idea it had happened, at nearly the exact time she died she decided to visit me and freak me out in the middle of the night) visit me when they've died. I don't want to freak you out because I don't know if you are having a premonition or your mind just created that dream from mentioning him (I dream of random things I've seen on TV all the time so I know it can happen), but that's just my experience. I think the strangest one I had visit me was a stick insect. I only had two at one point, Wes and Eric, when Wes died, Eric went downhill quickly and died in the night. I didn't know it, but I woke up and saw a stick insect on the ceiling. I reached up and tried to grab it down to put it away, but my hand kept passing through it then it was gone. I know, it could have just been my mind hadn't woken up yet and I was still dreaming, but it was too prolonged, normally if I wake up and see things, they are gone in a few seconds, but this one lasted long enough for me to know I wasn't dreaming and wonder what the hell I was seeing. Visiting animals, they normally give you a nice warm feeling when they visit you, it's a safe feeling, like they are trying to tell you they are ok. Some animals have come back to see me, others haven't.

I know, I sound crazy, to me and some of my relatives it isn't so crazy. If this hadn't happened to me, I wouldn't believe in it myself.

That doesnt sound crazy at all, as a matter of fact its what im hoping my dream is.. A sign.

And it felt soo real, i felt so happy and overwhelmed with joy to have seen Snickers again, even if it was in a dream. I just couldnt believe it, and i had so many thoughts running thru my mind through out the whole dream.. But when he saw me and ran, i felt like he wanted me to follow him. I felt relieved in that short moment i saw him thru my window.

Thats what i was thinking to do as well, i drew out like a quick map of where i went and im trying to figure out where it may lead, if theres a place like that somewhere around here, and it wasnt rlly a park, more like a lil forest type area with trees spread out and hollow logs on the ground in the color of fall, with leaves all over the floor.

I know, thats why i dont know ): idk if it was the short mention of him that night or Snickers rlly came to me. The harness and me following may be that he is at a house nearby, or he could have wanted me to follow him to that recreational park, or maybe that could have meant he crossed the rainbow bridge and he wanted me to know he is happy. ): he just disappeared tho after he ran from the house, i just remember walkin in that lil forest area lookin among the playing dogs and logs for him in the end.

That is strange tho, crazy that these things happen but they happen for a reason.

Stephanie Gonzalez

That doesnt sound crazy at all, as a matter of fact its what im hoping my dream is.. A sign.

And it felt soo real, i felt so happy and overwhelmed with joy to have seen Snickers again, even if it was in a dream. I just couldnt believe it, and i had so many thoughts running thru my mind through out the whole dream.. But when he saw me and ran, i felt like he wanted me to follow him. I felt relieved in that short moment i saw him thru my window.

Thats what i was thinking to do as well, i drew out like a quick map of where i went and im trying to figure out where it may lead, if theres a place like that somewhere around here, and it wasnt rlly a park, more like a lil forest type area with trees spread out and hollow logs on the ground in the color of fall, with leaves all over the floor.

I know, thats why i dont know ): idk if it was the short mention of him that night or Snickers rlly came to me. The harness and me following may be that he is at a house nearby, or he could have wanted me to follow him to that recreational park, or maybe that could have meant he crossed the rainbow bridge and he wanted me to know he is happy. ): he just disappeared tho after he ran from the house, i just remember walkin in that lil forest area lookin among the playing dogs and logs for him in the end.

That is strange tho, crazy that these things happen but they happen for a reason.

Stephanie Gonzalez

The harness thing is strange, maybe someone picked him up, thought he was a stray and took him in. The harness could be something they are using to walk him. I hope your dream leads you to your lost friend. I would hate to lose my girl and I've only had her a few months. Good luck and follow the dream, look for clues, time of year is a big one. Some of my dreams happened a few hours after I had them, some took weeks, others have taken years to happen.

Sometimes dreams can and often will hide some truth in them. Sometimes even things that you're not supposed to have knowledge of. I know, because I had my fair share of it as well. But sometimes they can also get mixed up with your own emotions. You can train yourself to spot to differences between them but even then it's not always easy. What I mean to say is, it's never a bad thing to hold onto something that keeps you going (like a dream), but realise it's also very easy to fool yourself with them. Especially if you have a strong desire they get skewed and you end up seeing what you wish to see instead. What you dreamed may have a meaning to it, but stay open minded, don't limit yourself to something just because you dreamed about it.

However, to answer your own question: You're not going crazy :)

Sometimes dreams can and often will hide some truth in them. Sometimes even things that you're not supposed to have knowledge of. I know, because I had my fair share of it as well. But sometimes they can also get mixed up with your own emotions. You can train yourself to spot to differences between them but even then it's not always easy. What I mean to say is, it's never a bad thing to hold onto something that keeps you going (like a dream), but realise it's also very easy to fool yourself with them. Especially if you have a strong desire they get skewed and you end up seeing what you wish to see instead. What you dreamed may have a meaning to it, but stay open minded, don't limit yourself to something just because you dreamed about it.

However, to answer your own question: You're not going crazy :)

Thats why this dream is killing me ): i dont know if its because i miss Snickers too much or he was trying to tell me something.. And that was the first time i seen snickers since hes been gone, even tho it was a dream. He's never visited me before in a dream till now.

I know tho, i shouldnt have too high of a hope [emoji17] and i'll try to stay open minded..

Haha thank you(: i almost thought i was

Stephanie Gonzalez