Eisa Is At The Vet - Update

Mazz

Eisa started to slow up pretty fast yesterday.  She still drinks, but won't eat.  She has been panting and pacing quite a bit since about noon yesterday.  I was home with an ailing back yesterday, so was able to keep an eye on her.  Last night, it was difficult to get her up to take her outside, and same this morning.  I called the vet when they opened this morning.  Left work and took her in.  They said the doctor would take a look at her.  All I know at this point is, they have run a blood test and taken an x-ray.  The doctor had to leave for a meeting, and will give me a call as soon as he returns.  I hope it is nothing too serious.  Hugs for Eisa if you please.

Eisa's vet feels a trauma of some sort is the cause. Her x-Rays show no arthritic condition. Her spine and hips all appear normal. Her blood work is excellent. Her left rear leg seems tender. Yesterday she got under the deck, and there is not much clearance, so it requires crawling on the ole belly. Dr. B thinks she has pulled eithe a muscle or a tendon. So for now, it's one Rimadyl and one pain med each day for ten days.

When I picked her up this afternoon, she was much more alert, took a treat from the doctor, and was walking much better. All good signs. We are to keep her calm, and see if she improves the next two days.

Thanks to all for your concerns. Much appreciated. Like I have said before, this IS a special place.

UPDATE - Eisa is doing so much better today. She is walking much, much better and much more quickly. Her appetite is back to normal and she jumped up on the sofa. She is also wooing quite a bit and the sparkle in her eyes is back. Going to keep her on her meds as prescribed by Dr. B.

Called the vet's office a little while ago to give them an update. Asked the vet if he was able to make his boat payment this month, or if he needed to see Eisa again this week. He chuckled.