Do You Live In England? Can You Help Me Track Down My Dog's Breeder?

Removed #7

I recently adopted a dog that was originally purchased in England. The dog came with papers, but the papers were lost. I am trying to find the breeder, and decided to start with the Kennel Club, as I've learned that all registered dogs in England have to first go through the KC. The original owner gave me details on the dog, but he did not remember the breeders name. I have gone to the Kennel Club's website and emailed every single email address on their contact page, but every email has been returned to me with an error message saying the email address no longer exists. I find it strange that the email addresses listed on their official website don't work. Something isn't right. If any one knows a better way to directly contact them, please let me know. I really want to register this dog, get the breeder's info, and then contact them to make them aware of my progress with one of their pups. I also have many questions for the breeder about my new dog. Thanks so much for any and all help!

This is Kaze, the dog I'm trying to get more info about:

IMG_6839.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u know any of his details? His registered name etc?

This is the email with the details that I've been trying to send to the KC:

I just adopted a German Shepherd yesterday here in the USA. The dog was supposedly bred and bought in the Lakenheath/Weeting/Suffolk area. He was born on December 5, 2011. He is from English and German lines. He was purchased for 650 pounds. The original owner received paperwork from the breeder to register the dog with the Kennel Club. He was an American Air Force member who was stationed at Lakenheath RAF Base, and lost the paperwork when he moved back to the USA in June 2012. If your Kennel Club is anything like our American Kennel Club over here, I know the breeder registers the entire litter, and then the people who buy the individual dogs register the dogs at a later date. Since the dog originally came with papers, I'm assuming that the litter was registered with you. If there is any way to provide me with the breeder's info, I'd appreciate it. I would like to re-request the paperwork and get this wonderful dog registered so I could get his pedigree and learn more about the health of his sire/dam and contact the breeder to let them know I now have one of their pups. Thank you so much!

So if he was born in Dec 2011, I'll assume he was purchased in Feb 2012. I contacted 2 of the reputable breeders in that area, and neither had a litter born on 5 Dec 2011. I've also been told that, based on the price, he was probably from a less-than-reputable breeder. Not sure though. He's a great dog with no physical/medical problems (so far), and no behavioral issues either. I know the email says I adopted him yesterday, but it's an email I tried sending in March 2014. I haven't had any success getting in touch with someone at the KC.

There has to be a way to go into their records and look at all of the litters born in England on 5 Dec 2011, right? I mean, how many GSDs can be born in 1 day in a country, especially when I can narrow it down to a specific area. He was told, or maybe assumed, that the lines are West German/British. Maybe they are just West German. I've been told by Brits that they see little to no Alsatian in him. The original owner might've thought British lines because the dog was born in England. He was not a dog person and probably doesn't really understand how this all works.

Thanks everyone. I was hoping that maybe an active user of this forum might be employed by the KC, so I could have a source "on the inside" to assist me with tracking down Kaze's info. I will keep trying. I will not give up on my boy! Speaking of my boy, here are some more pics for you as a thanks!

SAR DOG IN TRAINING

13780070153_7d0ef5c8cd_o.jpg

13780064463_83c43ca4f7_o.jpg

13780065245_b882780614_o.jpg

Hi Kevin

I've just spoken to the kennel club, there is no way to trace an individual dog without registration number or original breeders name and postcode, so not very helpful, BUT, I looked up German shepherd clubs, there's one in Suffolk, I've spoken to them, ( a very nice lady I cought while she was in the hairdressers !) I'm going to call her back around 5pm our time, she will take some details and see if she can help. It's worth a try but don't get your hopes up too high.

Hi Kevin

I've just spoken to the kennel club, there is no way to trace an individual dog without registration number or original breeders name and postcode, so not very helpful, BUT, I looked up German shepherd clubs, there's one in Suffolk, I've spoken to them, ( a very nice lady I cought while she was in the hairdressers !) I'm going to call her back around 5pm our time, she will take some details and see if she can help. It's worth a try but don't get your hopes up too high.

WOW!!! You just made my night (it's 830pm in Korea right now). This is the most progress since March 2014. I truly appreciate all of your help. I mean, honestly, how many GSD litters were born on Dec 5, 2011 in England? I would think there was only one, which would make it my Kaze's. That alone should lead us to his breeder. Wouldn't it!?! My fingers are crossed and I will keep checking back. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!!

I've just spoken to her again, apparently each quarter she's sent a list of all litters born, she's going to check if she still has the ones from that quarter, it should list the breeders name and or KC number, so even if there were two or three (unlikely!) They should be contactable, fingers crossed, just have to wait and see when she calls me back :)

I've just spoken to her again, apparently each quarter she's sent a list of all litters born, she's going to check if she still has the ones from that quarter, it should list the breeders name and or KC number, so even if there were two or three (unlikely!) They should be contactable, fingers crossed, just have to wait and see when she calls me back :)

Thank you. Sorry. I was at work on a military computer, and due to the encryption codes and security programs, it would not allow me to log in to this forum. I can log into my other dog forums, just not this one. Weird.

Anyways, again, thank you so much! If she wants to email me so you don't have to be the middle person, you can give her my email address (counterK9SAR@yahoo.com). Or, if you would rather continue helping me by phone to make faster progress, I won't stop you! Ha.

I have people on my other dog forums assisting as well. One of the members sent me this reply:

Just googled GSD breeders in Suffolk. It took me to a link on the KC page that lists breeders in Suffolk. There just happens to be a GSD breeder in a place called Brandon which is in spitting distance of RAF Lakenheath. It's a bit of a long shot but it may be the breeder you are looking for or they may be able to help point you in the right direction.  They are Mr R & Mrs R Back in the link.

Here's the link.

Assured Breeders for German Shepherd Dog in Suffolk

I went through that link and contacted the breeders who live right near the base. I'm hoping they might have had a litter born on Dec 5, 2011. Anxiously awaiting their reply. Also awaiting your contact. This is exciting! I feel like we're getting closer and closer every hour.

Hi Kevin,

I think I have good news, only one litter born in the UK on 5th of December 2011, in Merseyside ! A long way from Suffolk lol.

The breeders name is Mr and Mrs Ridyard, leasowe coast rd, Worrall peninsula, CH45.

Tel, 0151-638-6554, email is designations@ntlworld.com, their breeding name is KRISANNRIO GERMAN SHEPHERDS,

The sire is: AMBERZITA ARAZ VON THURLOW

The dam is: ZAKASIA FRANKIE

I had a quick look at their website and zakasia frankie isn't mentioned, but she is listed as their bitch on the champdogs site. WWW.champdogs.co.uk/breeder/17179,

I really hope this helps, please let us know if we've found the right place, the lady who gave me the information has demanded that I let her know as well !

Good luck

Sarah

Hi Kevin,

I think I have good news, only one litter born in the UK on 5th of December 2011, in Merseyside ! A long way from Suffolk lol.

The breeders name is Mr and Mrs Ridyard, leasowe coast rd, Worrall peninsula, CH45.

Tel, 0151-638-6554, email is designations@ntlworld.com, their breeding name is KRISANNRIO GERMAN SHEPHERDS,

The sire is: AMBERZITA ARAZ VON THURLOW

The dam is: ZAKASIA FRANKIE

I had a quick look at their website and zakasia frankie isn't mentioned, but she is listed as their bitch on the champdogs site. WWW.champdogs.co.uk/breeder/17179,

I really hope this helps, please let us know if we've found the right place, the lady who gave me the information has demanded that I let her know as well !

Good luck

Sarah

Honestly, I think you have just restored my faith in humanity! I can't believe all of the help you are providing me. As soon as I saw your reply, I quickly fired off an email to the address you provided. It was instantly returned saying the address does not exist. I am a self-proclaimed expert at tracking down people online with a little bit of info, and you have provided me with a lot of info. I am off to do that now and will reply with how far I was able to get. If I have to call them, I will need to figure out the time zone difference between Korea and England. More to come...

OK, update. I clicked on the link and found this info about these breeders:

Previous Litters

It also has pics and says that they are breeders of longcoat GSDs, which my Kaze is not. I don't think this is the right breeder. Plus, there is no litter listed above from 5 Dec 2011. Let's not give up hope. Please continue to help me with this. If we are persistent enough, we will get this figured out and reunite Kaze (and me!) with his breeder!!!

More updates: I see the email address provided has changed. There is a newer email address on their website. I am pretty sure I contact them before, as I was given the names of 2 reputable GSD breeders in England. Both denied having a litter born on 5 Dec. This breeder was one of them. But I will email them at the new email address just in case. I will see what they say. More to come...

Maybe you can contact her to tell her their website only shows a litter on Oct 4, 2011. Maybe she accidentally gave you the wrong contact info for the right litter. It sounds like she is on board with helping me reconnect with Kaze's breeder, which is a good thing. She sounds like someone important to have in our corner.