Do You Live In England? Can You Help Me Track Down My Dog's Breeder?

Removed #7

I have sent her a text with an update, and asked if she's sure of the litter date, she says it's the only litter born 5th December, in the breed supplement that's sent out by the kennel club.

Ok been digging a little more, there's a puppy called fenris, born 18th Jan 2013, mother is ZAKASIA FRANKIE, can be viewed with pup from last year's litter that they kept, Ripley. If you trace the sire, it's AMBERZITA ARAZ VON THURLOW, he's listed as fathering Ripley, born 5th of December 2011, so they DID have a litter, why they would deny it I don't know.

But, I've seen pictures of AMBERZITA, he's almost jet black and very, very heavy coated.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really intrigued by this thread too but as I'm in France I don't think I'll be able to offer any help.

I have to say I'm a bit confused with who, what, and where.

Good luck though, I'll keep following :)

Yes, we are brainstorming ideas and researching multiple websites, discovering many leads and sources, so this thread is all over the place. Any lead that is posted about, I instantly go check and take it as far as I can until it returns as a dead end. I have people on the GSD, Doberman and this forum all assisting me. Thank you for replying and following our progress reports and updates!

Basically, a guy I worked with was stationed in England. He was from the US. He bought a GSD pup while in England, but then moved back to the US. In the move, he lost the paperwork and never registered the dog, and has now forgotten the breeder's info. I now own the dog and am trying to backtrack, figure out the breeder's info, request new paperwork to register him, and find out more about his bloodlines and parents for health purposes. Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

I am still working on this. I didn't want anyone to think that I gave up. I just don't have any good news. I'm running into dead end after dead end, hitting wall after wall. Ugh! If you can think of anything that might help me, please post and let me know. Someone on the GSD forum mentioned that, since the original owner doesn't remember much, what if the birthdate was wrong too? Well, that's a good question. Up until he asked, the birthdate was the only solid proof of anything, but I have to prepare for the worst and realize that the birthdate could be incorrect, even though it is on the Vet Records from the UK Vet. So now I'm down to preparing for the last resort question: would a breeder be able to recognize an adult dog that was one of the puppies they whelped 3 years ago. Are breeders sharp enough to recognize features on a dog that make them stand out and help the breeder confirm that, yes, this is indeed one of my dogs. I know that, if I can find other pups born around the same time period and compare pics of them today, that would help as well. This is going to be a lot of work. I'm currently contacting each GSD Club in England for help. I might have to make a "WANTED: MISSING BREEDER" poster with Kaze's face on it. Ha! I'm tempted to do it...

Was he ever micro chipped?  We rescued our Malamute, Maiya a few months ago and whilst she was chipped the owners details were never registered, not even her own DOB.  Anyway when we took her on we gave our details to be logged onto her chip.  We then received an email from the records company asking us to confirm our own details.  We had been told Maiya was between 3 and 5 years old but when the chip certificate came back it said she was 6 years old.  So I called the company and asked how did they know she was 6?  They said whilst the chip had never had any info recorded on it they could tell me the date the chip was supplied to the vet as they are supplied in batches of 10.  All of the other chips had been registered in May 2008 and only Maiyas hadn't been updated so they guessed she was chipped at the same time.  I asked them if they could give me the vets details but they said they can't for privacy reasons, however if I pushed it they could ask the vet to get in touch with me.  To be honest it doesn't make any difference if I know her exact details so I've left it, but my rather long point is my tale may help you :)

Good luck!

Was he ever micro chipped?  We rescued our Malamute, Maiya a few months ago and whilst she was chipped the owners details were never registered, not even her own DOB.  Anyway when we took her on we gave our details to be logged onto her chip.  We then received an email from the records company asking us to confirm our own details.  We had been told Maiya was between 3 and 5 years old but when the chip certificate came back it said she was 6 years old.  So I called the company and asked how did they know she was 6?  They said whilst the chip had never had any info recorded on it they could tell me the date the chip was supplied to the vet as they are supplied in batches of 10.  All of the other chips had been registered in May 2008 and only Maiyas hadn't been updated so they guessed she was chipped at the same time.  I asked them if they could give me the vets details but they said they can't for privacy reasons, however if I pushed it they could ask the vet to get in touch with me.  To be honest it doesn't make any difference if I know her exact details so I've left it, but my rather long point is my tale may help you :)

Good luck!

That's actually great information! I was told that all dogs in the UK are chipped, and they cannot leave the country without a chip. I have not scanned Kaze for a chip yet. The original owner never said anything about him being chipped. I should be home in a week or so, back to the USA, so I will take him to a vet and have them scan. If he is chipped, maybe I can go the same route as you if there is no info on the chip. In the meantime, I'm just trying to see what else I can do from over here in Korea until I arrive home. Thank you so much for that story. It really does help and offers some more options! 

My pleasure.  I don't quite understand though where is Kaze at the moment?  Because you are quite right he can't leave the country without a passport and for that he must be chipped.

If he is from a reputable breeder he would have had him chipped as a young pup, I think around the time they have their first injections.  This is usually included in the price when you buy a pup from a breeder.  There fore you should be able to detect his DOB.

My pleasure.  I don't quite understand though where is Kaze at the moment?  Because you are quite right he can't leave the country without a passport and for that he must be chipped.

If he is from a reputable breeder he would have had him chipped as a young pup, I think around the time they have their first injections.  This is usually included in the price when you buy a pup from a breeder.  There fore you should be able to detect his DOB.

I'm in the US Air Force, and currently deployed out of the country to Korea. My wife, 3 children, 4 dogs, and 5 cats are all at our house in Idaho, anxiously awaiting my return. I've been gone for 4 months and miss them dearly. I should be home next week. When I get home, I will take Kaze to my vet to have them scan for a chip and see what info is on it, if any. But we will at least get the chip # like you were mentioning and then contact the company to see if they can help. The only thing I worry about is, if the dog belongs to a US citizen, especially military (which the original owner was), and is moving back to the US, sometimes there are ways to go around the host country's laws. I have seen where a lot of laws that pertain the civilians do not get enforced with the military. Which could mean that Kaze was never chipped. I will find out next week.

Right, so he is now in the USA but was in the UK, so ordinarily he should have a passport and be chipped.  If being in the miltary means there were ways round this then you may be scuppered.

However if the breeder was a reputed one then he would have wanted his pups chipped, part of the package selling a pup me thinks.

Hi, what about getting in touch with RAF Feltwell veterinary clinic ? All personnel are required to register their animals with NEVD within 2 weeks, perhaps they have information you don't.

Did kaze ever have another name ?

Yes, his name was Ozi. I didn't like the name, so I changed it to something close enough that the sound would register for training purposes, so he became KamiKAZE, or Kaze for short. I will look into this. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I'm home now. Here is what I found:

His microchip number is 985154000256907. I have looked up info online and it seems that any 15-digit number starting with 985 originates with the company Deston Fearing. The vet that was used by the original owner was The Old Golfhouse Veterinary Group in Suffolk. Not sure which vet the breeder used, and not sure who would've microchipped the dog: the breeder or the owner. I did another search based on the chip number and found this:

No information found in participating databases. Please see below for possible manufacturers. This is most likely a microchip from one of the following:

HomeAgain (888-466-3242)
Save This Life (855-777-CHIP or 855-777-2447)

Should I contact HomeAgain or Save This Life, or the main company Deston Fearing? (I've actually sent Deston Fearing an email already, but not sure if this is the best way to go about my search)

Not sure what use this will be if any but if the chip is coming back as being from the county Suffolk then i know that there's a huge military base over in the lakenheath area.

Edit: oh just realised you already knew that. Sorry for the useless info! :redface1:

My petlog company is anibase and they were really helpful with the saga over Maiya and her age.

Whilst they couldn't tell me the name of the vet which the chip was sold to they did know the vets details.  Maybe if I'd pushed it they may have contacted the vet on my behalf and in turn the vet may have contacted me, but as I wasn't overly bothered (just wanted to know her age) I let it go.

Might be worth calling anibase and asking the question, think it's important to be honest with them and you never know what might turn up. :)

I think it's a vet who inserts a chip and not a breeder so vet should have records.

MORE PROGRESS! I got an email back from Deston Fearing. Here is what they said:

Good afternoon Kevin,

We are strictly a manufacturing facility and we do not carry a pet ownership database.

This chip was manufactured by us. This was sold to Animal Care located in York England.

The chip was sold to them in March 2011. The chip belongs to master carton #S521598 and the carton ID CY68109

I am hopeful they will have a record of the veterinarian or breeder this was sold to.

I have listed their contact information below

Animalcare 
Common Road
Dunnington
York England
YO19 5RU

For all general enquiries you may also contact Animalcare Head Office on:

Tel: 01904 487 687
Fax: 01904 487 611
Email: office@animalcare.co.uk

I hope this helps you in your search

Thank you and have a nice weekend

Would a DNA trace help via blood sample? If of good stock and Cruft's notary...maybe this way?

GSD owners club..post the old email address to..SOMEONE may well recognise it.

ANYTHING that you can recall on you dog..post it out...you could be pleasantly surprised... ref registered KC name Sire/ Dam..

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk