My Girls As Little Red Riding Hood, Each With A "wolf!" Handmade Costume Handed Down.

Removed #7

My wife made the dress/apron and cape/hood for our oldest daughter when she was younger (she turned 9 on Sep 19th) for Halloween. Then my youngest daughter (she's 6.5 right now) inherited it when she was the right age/size. Here are some pics I found making the connection that this costume was shared and handed down. I love anything that connects my children to our dogs!

Kaulini with Paw Paw. This was our beautiful forested backyard in Portland, Oregon that backed up to acres and acres of more forest, filled with coyote packs and deer, up on Mount Scott facing north towards Mount Saint Helens and Mount Rainier:

5142343091_41fd90a8cb_o.jpg

I searched my wife's flickr account and could only find the following pics in small sizes. Not sure why the larger version was not available, but this is all I've got while in Korea, and is better than nothing. Oh well! Ha. My wife is sure to have the large hi-res file at home in Idaho.

5142946328_3ff09b6b86.jpg

5142946534_a6feb55c53_o.jpg

5142343133_eab30a9145_o.jpg

Here is younger sister Ciara (and future Little Red Riding Hood) as a monkey for Halloween. Our son, Lucian, now wears the monkey costume, and even he has started to outgrow it at 3.5 years old (he'll be 4 in Feb 2015). I don't remember where we were at with the goats and other farm animals, but this was a few hours prior to trick or treating:

5142343279_6024a532d8_o.jpg

This is a scene on our nature table depicting Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf. We've had these wooden German-imported Ostheimer toys for about 8 years, and when we bought the wolf, I named it Beowulf after my favorite childhood story. Later, when we rescued a wolfdog, I named him Beowulf after this wooden wolf below:

5124481456_f97e965b47_o.jpg

Ciara as LRRH with her hand-me-down costume and Beowulf as her wolf:

10661766604_5b0126f710_o.jpg

10661796136_dde15c0428_c.jpg

And some other random pics I just found of my kids that I thought were cute enough to share. Here's Kaulini and Ciara pre-LRRH, our first year in Oregon fall 2009 at Harvest Festival at the Portland Waldorf School:

4013441618_d8606d13f8_o.jpg

Friends 'til the end!

11230784636_55e958008e_c.jpg

Our Ostheimer version of Paw Paw:

2988878905_29ba38764a_o.jpg

And our Ostheimer version of Nara (or Kaze).

2987035620_324b7ef94e_o.jpg

SAVE OUR SOULS from the Big Bad Wolves. Our cats living together short term in the hotel during our move one state over, from Oregon to Idaho. They look so happy, don't they! That big black blob is Midnight, our only male. Simpkin is the black and white kitten behind him. 4 cats visible. I think Arctica (all-white) is hidden in the back, or maybe we separated her, as she doesn't get along nicely with the other cats because they gang up on and bully her. We call her Space Kitty. but here, from left to right, is Geisha our feral rescue, Bhakti, Midnight, and Simpkin:

11230725904_1979f0013c_c.jpg

I soooooo need those little wooden Husky toys. Where did you get 'em from? Do they have student discounts? How is it that every picture you post make me feel jealous? :wub: x

I just did a quick search for the stores that we usually shop from, and none of them had the husky in stock. You can search for "ostheimer" and see what you can find. I know they'll show up on ebay from time to time. If it is meant to be, you will find a way! They are a part of the Ostheimer eskimo set, and are sold individually:

ostheimer_eskimo.jpg

I just did a quick search for the stores that we usually shop from, and none of them had the husky in stock. You can search for "ostheimer" and see what you can find. I know they'll show up on ebay from time to time. If it is meant to be, you will find a way! They are a part of the Ostheimer eskimo set, and are sold individually:

ostheimer_eskimo.jpg

I found one online store that has the Huskies!! EEEK! Thank you so much! There goes my weekend shopping money (for a good reason) :D