Undercoat Rake? - Girls Hate The Furminator

daltor

hi - i've been using a furminator but have decided that i no longer want to use it as both my girls are visibly uncomfortable no matter how gentle i am - i just let it "glide" with the minimum of pressure.

the comb is thin making the teeth very sharp - also there is no adjustment for comb depth other than the fur ejector..

i want something less aggressive looking with "rounder/thicker" teeth so as to avoid possible skin damage - i've heard of undercoat rakes - could someone please advise regarding or suggest any alternatives?

PS - regarding the furminator - this is just my personal opinion & i'm sure others are quite happy using it.

Have heard before that they can harm the guard hairs so probably shouldnt be used tbh. We generally just use a normal rake for ours but its one which adjusts its contours as you rake. Not sure where we got it, Sarah may be able to tell you.

thanks - i posted a link & see that "it's similar" to yours.

So similar that it's the same! :D

I posted the manufacturer link as didn't want to be seen to be suggesting a preference of supplier - and people can find a source close to wherever they may be ;)