Rehoming Husky

mylilhuskyboyICE

Nah, kidding but seriously oh my lord sabre is pushing his limits to a point where im not gonna be very happy with him

Last two days he has wrecked and i mean shredded my brothers work clothes and favorite shirt and this morning i wake up to fluff everywhere from ICES bed not sabres ICES... grrrr oh not to mention the back door curtain on the floor and sabre singing the song of his people to wake me up in the first place! little brat.. on another note hes doing really well health wise but not for long if he carrys on! LOL 

its really bringing to light that ice is an EASY husky. 

lol, sounds like he's trying to compete with mine, they were awful for destroying things when little. We even crated ice when we were out but it didn't stop him, he'd just rip up Stuff when I was home instead....my pillows, mattress, door frames, carpets, shoes, wooden furniture, any objects left within reach really. Bears party piece was killing my leather sofa! [emoji33]

As Sabre is only 9 months old and you've only had him a couple of months.

This is all normal young husky behaviour.

He's settled in and is letting you know he's in charge.

Try to wear him out physically and mentally that may help to curb some of the destructiveness.

But it is all quite normal.

feel your pain. I am nervous about Molly reaching puberty, she is not an easy puppy compared to my older dog.

Besides physical and mental exercise suggested by Andy, I've one other tip which might work either way. We noticed that Molly likes to look outside, so we rolled up one of the blind and put a pillow there to make it her lookout point. She has been spending quite a lot of time sitting there and just watching the street, this also helped a bit if we are out for a quick errand as she sit there waiting instead of pacing around.

Now, if you dog likes to bark if he sees something then this will not be a good idea :-)

We've only had Snow from a puppy and he's been really destructive, he was really bad from 6 months ownwards.  It got better around 11 months but he still has the odd chew on stuff he shouldn't.  We've never crated him and I'm at home with him unless I have to pop out but when he's destroyed stuff it's when I've been home, no idea why but it's very annoying.

My oh my, don't remind me to the chewing phase. Stuff for nightmare, that is :( I remember sitting on my bed, after the third or fourth time that day cleaning up the dog from soil and plastic bits he got after destroying yet another plant pot, wondering why the F did I ever want a Husky. I told him off the first time, left him to do some school work for just five minutes and I come down to a second destroyed pot. Cleaned him up again, went back upstairs, and heard my uncle who has just walked in saying "bad dog!". Guess what, he scored a third pot :angry: I don't remember if there's any fourth time but I was really really frustrated. He's already 19 months old by then but he's a lot like a 6-month old pup!

But hey, he grew out of it eventually :shrug: and even if I swear this dog has a pair of invisible devil's horn, he's still cute!

Hahahahaha I haven't told him off yet just a stern NO haha its the fact ices bed was in ices crate and sabre went Into ices crate, took out the cushion of the bed, took it into the living room (same with the backdoor blinds) and sat there and ripped it to shred.. The clothes he had pulled out of the laundry basket and the blindes he pulled down himself! Little devil

Ahhhhh those puppy house wrecking parties, how I miss them..... Patience (bucket loads), training not to do this (only when you catch em). I had to move most of my pots to the front garden.   My sons a plaster and forgot to put a bag of cement away (he was rendering) they destroyed it, getting that stuff of them was horrible and the worse thing they ever did as it was so dangerous for them.   Seeing as my son is over twenty he got an adult telling off.  The family got a whole lecture ref leaving things out.

Now at just over two they are non chewers (well 99% of the time)

Good luck it will pass... Honest....