Noah's Left Eye Closed Help

NOBELHOWLUC49

Noah's keeping his left eye closed.   Its weeping only a little.  We have looked in it to see if there's is a scratch or something in it, but apart from looking a bit sore there is no obvious signs of damage...

I have some eye drops for the cat who has had Bartonella Virus which he has just finished a 6 week course of antibiotics.  We now have to wait a week or to have him tested.   These eye drops are for inflammation of the eye as the virus has caused cataracts.  Now I am not one to give meds to another animal or human that they have not been prescribed for.   But they are actually for human eyes as well. 

My big worry is if the cat has scratched him and is still infected with the virus.....

Any way typing this out  I am going to call the vet and see what they say, probably the safest thing to do.... apart from pawing his eye occasionally he seems ok just irritated by it....

Honestly I am sure the vets are going to contact social services soon I seem to spend a lot of time there taking one or the other of my animals there.

God luck hope you find out what it is and it gets sorted.

Paws n fingers crossed for Noah

Just called the vets,  they recommend bringing him in.   Should be fun  as I have to take both as Mark has gone to watch Tottenham with my son Ben....   So after 11.30 and a £141.00 plus down I will have an update.   Poor little Noah..... he seems to go through it more than all the others...  

Thank God for insurance.....

Well been to the vets Noah has an Ulcer on the outer edge of his iris caused by a scratch, so antibiotic eye drops 6 times a day, she also recommended washing the eye with cold black tea.  So hopefully it will heal quickly and we can see his beautiful blue eye again.  Not sure if it is a cat scratch but will have to monitor his health till we get the all clear from the blood tests on Ben the cat...

Bless him he was so well behaved.. :wub:  And Bella who came a long to keep him company... :wub: