New Job Today

Jay

Today is my first day at the new job. The commute was pretty brutal but starting tomorrow I'll be taking the train. Took me about an hour 15 to get there and another 10 min to walk. Considering I'm used to getting to work in 10-15 min its a big adjustment

They had a meet and greet for me so I got to meet all of the attorneys. They seem very nice and not how you would picture attorneys lol. I pretty much talked about my dogs lol. Everyone's first reaction is "you have THREE huskies?!

Anyway lunch is almost done back to work [emoji4]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, sounds like they are looking after you and I hope that it is all that you expected it would be.

I can sympathise with you regarding the commute as my wife and I relocated to the countryside, (several weeks ago), and my commute has gone from 10 miles to 70 miles but it has been worth it - so far!

I spent some time working in Indianapolis, (in the late 1980's and early 90's), but can hardly remember much about the state of Indiana these days!

Seems to be the month for new jobs on the forum!

Wow, mine is only about 45 miles :o

Cool, Indianapolis has grown a lot but it's in the middle of the state about 2 1/2 hours from me.  Where I live, we are considered the "Chicago Metro Area" and we get all of our news and TV from Chicago, so we kind of get left out from the rest of the state.

Jay, sounds like they are looking after you and I hope that it is all that you expected it would be.

I can sympathise with you regarding the commute as my wife and I relocated to the countryside, (several weeks ago), and my commute has gone from 10 miles to 70 miles but it has been worth it - so far!

I spent some time working in Indianapolis, (in the late 1980's and early 90's), but can hardly remember much about the state of Indiana these days!

Seems to be the month for new jobs on the forum!

First train ride done, that's great!  :up:   Sure it won't be long until you get to meet some interesting characters!  last time I headed into central london I ended up listening to a nutter shouting at her boyfriend for not coming round.... as the train journey progressed we all found out she was his mistress and his wife was getting suspicious of all the jewellery she was buying for him.  Honestly, we all practically knew what colour knickers she had on by the end of the journey, lol.  Better than TV!   :up:

Haha!! I was hoping for some weirdos but none yet!

So you weren't on HO at all during your journey lol.

Really glad your first morning has gone well, hope it just gets better and better. What you need to do now is persuade the senior partners the firm needs three huskys as mascots, and they need to come to work with you, and they need a special playroom, and you need extra breaks to look after them. And as mascots they should be paid in treats and toys !

If that works, let me know as I have a pretty bridge here in London they can buy lol

Hahah yeah they talked about bring your dog to work day because I think everyone but one person has at least one dog. I'll be known as the crazy husky guy lol

Here is my view from the train leaving the station. My office is 2 blocks from the Willis (fka Sears) tower

tasy5evy.jpg

dyju8yve.jpg

Hope you had a good 1st day at your new job - congratulations :D

Thanks :) yeah it's been good. I do miss my dogs during the day and evening. I'm used to coming home for lunch and being home 1 1/2 hrs earlier.

You are a braver man than I.  Best of luck with the new job Jason.  Sounds like you are off to a good start, which is good.  I have a 30 minute drive to work every day, but it's mostly rural.