We Found Molly's Mom!

MollyCharly

Great news everyone! If you recalled in my introduction, back in April through local shelter we fostered a pregnant dog, Sky, and she delivered 11 puppies at our place, Molly being pup #11.

9 out of the puppies families are keeping in touch via facebook group, and 1 via email (they don't use facebook), and one was out of contact for whatever reason. Anyway we kept trying to get hold of the new owner of Sky, but local shelter failed to provide, again, for whatever reason. Yesterday someone asked to join our group, and my partner looked at the profile photo, and said, 'Hey, that's Sky!!!!'....

So turned out another member again approached shelter and asked about the new owner info, and shelter finally contacted them and gave them our facebook details. So long story short, Sky is now called Runa, and she is living a happy life!! She lives in a forest area with lots of space to run (leashed) and she is being pampered. One thing though she still have very weak stomach and get diarrhea whenever she is stressed or worried, but who knows what that poor girl has been through in the time when she was dumped pregnant (or get pregnant while on the street). Luckily it is more under control now and the new owners seem to be very loving people, they take her everywhere even holidaying in France, but the owners said while Runa enjoyed the holiday, she is most happy when she is at home. I think that's understandable :-)

here are a few photos of Runa. I cant tell you how happy I am, it just make the circle complete, knowing that she has finally found a good home she deserved!

post-12049-0-75229000-1413033125_thumb.j

post-12049-0-39081700-1413033142_thumb.j

post-12049-0-65536900-1413033154_thumb.j

Why what's in Achterhoek? Sorry but I've only live in Netherlands for (almost) 6 years.

Yeah I wonder how many members here are in the Netherlands? Would be nice to meet and share stories. As long as my partner is not working, we always make it to Charly's Basset club walk which is always in Gelderlands or nearby, if that's the middle :-D

For the puppies group we are meeting this Oct 26, 8 puppies so far if the weather stay nice who knows maybe even more. But we do plan to make one in the middle for the next meeting, so that people don't have to drive so far south.

Achterhoek is in the east of Gelderland...with loads of nice wood walks Montferland and Slangenburg..

there are a few members in here but not so active..just a shame Maastricht is so far down..as it is also a nice place of NL...

Val, for puppies we've a meeting in 2 weeks.

Runa is not yet available to meet other dogs as the owners said she is still very sensitive and fragile, I think they want to prevent stress for her. It breaks my heart because back in April, Runa was still very friendly with Charly and we even had a guest dog Labrador Jasper over for 3 nights, all 3 dogs in the same room, everyone just relaxed and napped. I think the fact that she was taken back to shelter for few days then puppies got adopted (we wanted to keep her until she was ready but shelter wanted the puppies to be adopted from there, less work for them, urg!!), and then she was adopted but returned again, stayed in the shelter for a few more weeks, all too traumatic to her.

but that's the past. I am sure with love and care she would be fully recovered soon, I can't wait to see her again. Definitely will create new post of the gathering!