Hi From North Essex

Diane_M

I hope this posts ok, my internet has been playing up and I've tried twice before...third time lucky!!

Fergie & I wanted to say hi, we've been lurking here for a bit and finally decided to be brave.

We adopted Fergie when we lived in Spain (Canary Islands), he was 4 months old at the time and soon racked up a damage count of 9 pairs of flip flops (we did warn visitors but they ignored us, lol) 4 mice, 1 double mattress, 1 remote control, 1 bottle of bleach emptied in the middle of a bed(!!!) 6 DVDs, 1 paperback book and nearly someone's heart medication(!!!) plus a lot of garden landscaping. He's now 4 years old (sometimes I wonder how he got this far ;-) ) and is now the most laid back (lazy) husky I have ever seen!

We moved back to the Uk about 18 months ago and he is much happier in the cooler climate. He saw snow for the first time on the drive up through France and loved it!

His only problem is now he gets soggy paws when the ground is waterlogged like it is at the moment...they start to smell and the edges of his pads go pink & soft. I have to trim the fur between the pads so I can dry them after walks.

I've always had GSDs in the past and I didn't think a husky would be THAT different (despite reading all the warning labels before we took him on) oh, how wrong I was :-)

Even at his most infuriating Ferg does something everyday that makes me smile.

He is mostly to be found sleeping (upside down) with short breaks for eating, walking & pigeon stalking ;-)

Sorry for the waffle....

Di & Fergie x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergie sounds perfectly normal for a Husky :D

I also have a white GSD so i can understand the differences .

Welcome

post-1354-0-32160300-1405679619_thumb.jp

I've been trying to upload images for days now but my internet at home is so bad that it won't load...it got to the point that I had nearly convinced myself my laptop is at fault...even though I know its not.  :headbang: So I've brought my laptop into my shop today and now I can show you pics of Ferg using decent internet (and I never thought I'd call BT decent, lol!)  

This was the picture on the adoption poster in Spain, he was 4 months in this pic:

post-12436-0-01575800-1413639908_thumb.j

This is him playing in the garden in Spain with my old GSD, Ben.  Ben suffered from something the vet said was called cauda equina ) he was on cortizone injections just to keep him moving, but getting Ferg gave him a new lease of life.  Sadly he passed away before we returned to england.  He was my baby and he taught Fergie a lot of manners! 

post-12436-0-27347000-1413639933_thumb.j

Fergie on the way back to the UK.  The Ibis hotel chain allow you to have to dog in the room for an extra 5euro per night...Ferg made the most of it as you can see: 

post-12436-0-51232900-1413639956_thumb.j

This is how he can normally be found sleeping: 

post-12436-0-19344900-1413640002_thumb.j

The Fergster: 

post-12436-0-53005300-1413640020_thumb.j

And we were given this photo of him as a puppy...the eyes! 

post-12436-0-89246300-1413640027_thumb.j

:pawprint:

Thanks Liv & Nix :D  I swear am more proud of Ferg receiving compliments than if I had a kid.  The lovely red one up the top of the forum on the right is the spitting image of him...I had to do a double take when I first saw it.

thank you for the sympathy too... I miss Ben and I would have another GSD in a heartbeat if I had the space...and another husky or 2 or 3 ;) .  Ben was the first dog I've actually had from a puppy (although I made the mistake of not getting him from a reputable breeder)....all my others have been rescues of some sort or another!