First Groomers Appointment...

Bambi92

Well Sasha is having her first groomers appointment tomorrow morning by a mobile groom who is also a dog trainer.

I'm really hoping Sasha will be ok she hates being bathed I hope she response to Kate (the groomer) and doesn't try to bite her I have told her about what Sasha is like and she is willing to work at Sasha's pace and gave me some ideas to try before hand to see if it'll help her.

I'm going to get my OH to take her for a run around the block to hopefully make her not so crazy don't know how well that will go I've done a 14km walk with her and she laid down for 5 mins and was full of energy again Lol

Wish us luck I sure need it! :P will update tomorrow with some pics if my phone will let me it's almost full haha!

Hope all goes well. Will you be taking photos whilst the grooming is in progress??? Would love to see this... sounds like its going to be an interesting first experience.

Good Luck :D

I'm going to try might have to put all my photos on to the comp first Lol I just hope it isn't too stressful for her she has anxiety induced seizures she hasn't had one in a few months though so hoping for the best..

Good luck with it - she sounds like the right person to do the job. Hopefully she arms herself with lots of treats :)

I'm going to make Sasha some chicken up for some treats hopefully it'll keep her occupied enough Lol b doubt it she normal won't take treats if she is some where she isn't sure of even on walks she won't going to be interesting to say the least Lol

And thanks :)

Good plan Laura, treats are the only way I can get grooming done  :D I would imagine that the groomer would be well experienced with dogs that are not used to grooming so will no doubt have plenty of tricks to make it work with minimum stress.

She seems really nice and was asking about Sasha and what triggers are and everything which is why I choose to give her a try most of the others I've spoken to have not cared enough to help Sasha or even asked about her problems. And if ask else fails I'll try her training Lol she is a lot cheaper then any one else as well $50 for full groom but if she can't dry Sasha properly she will do it for $40 the last place I looked at wanted $160 :o it's crazy.

Well Sasha just finished her bath she did a lot better then I thought she wasn't sure of Kate at first but then Sasha went over to Kate and gave her a kiss meaning she approved of her :)

She was scared I had to pick her up to put her in the bath she only tried to squish Kate a few times Lol

And then she thought it was a great idea to go straight into her shell pool when she was finished her bath haha

Here's some pics

post-9013-14135936302511_thumb.jpg

post-9013-14135936388265_thumb.jpg

post-9013-14135936468397_thumb.jpg

post-9013-14135936564689_thumb.jpg

post-9013-1413593665185_thumb.jpg

If I have the money next fortnight Dozer will be the next one to get a bath but he loves the bath so he'll be all good Lol

She was scared but it wasn't as loud as the diy ones so she let her do it but didn't like it near her head or bum.

She would hate me if I took away the pool Lol that's her favorite place after a walk she went for a big walk before hand so she would be tired that didn't work Lol