Silly House Phone.

Emma

It's been lovely and quiet for the last few days.  No nuisance sales people calling, no family drama's to be listened to......... I should have known it was too good to be true!!

I've just found out that the reason for my peace and quiet is that the phone line's not working properly. I can phone out without any problem but when people are trying to phone me the line rings once and then crackles a lot and goes dead.  Should have known there was something wrong, I can't remember the last time I went a full day without any junk calls!   lol 

Lol, I was thinking only earlier how strange it was that the mother in law hadn't phoned to chat to my hubby all night, she calls at least twice a day.  Paul's on the phone to sky atm, he's not too impressed as he's on hold and doesn't like the music.  :o

I've got the new BT 5800 home phone

blocks 100% of spam / cold callers

Oh wow. A home phone can block them?! I will have to look those up and see how much they are. Cheers Andy! [emoji182][emoji182][emoji182]

We just don't answer the phone unless we are ready to be sarcastic, rude, evasive or we are very bored.   Mind you its always a genuine caller when you answer the phone with attitude…   Hi mum.. no no i'm ok …… 

Best one i ever had was a solar  panel  sales call.  I sounded so interested asking all the right questions, agreed to have a home visit to discuss things further,  then asked if they could be used on a caravan…. Strangely not ok…..  Ok it was heartless and these people are only trying to earn some money…. but the family entertainment value was out of this world priceless… 

I have shame..  :redface1:

Have you registered with the TPS?

Yep. Doesn't do much as most people seem to be operating outside of the UK. Someone I know who works in a UK call centre said that they have a stack of warning letters from the tps (I think) but they just ignore them! Not very reassuring although I couldn't say how accurate that is as I've not seen it myself.

Do you ask to be removed from their mailing lists when they call? You normally have to do this three times in one call.

Honestly, no. I usually roll eyes and say no thank you and hang up. Hubby on the other hand likes to give them the third degree. Useful to know that Adam, thank you! [emoji2]

Oh wow. A home phone can block them?! I will have to look those up and see how much they are. Cheers Andy! [emoji182][emoji182][emoji182]

single unit with ansaphone built in £40

get it direct from BT £10 cheaper than argos or amazon