Should I Watch Tmnt?

mydiamond

So my university holds free movie nights every weekend. This week they're showing TMNT by which cartoon I often watch as a little kid :) the thing is, the "movie night building" is a little far from my dorm, and I'm gonna have to rely on the bus there and back. It seems to be particularly windy this afternoon. I don't think it would rain, but still the wind could make late night hours even colder than it really is! Movie starts at about 7 PM, and ends at about 9 PM. Typically I have to wait 5-10 minutes--in open space--for the bus that takes me back to my dorm. Do you think this movie is worth storming through the cold?

I used to watch the original cartoon in the early 90s and was subjected to the relaunched version in the early 00's when my teenager was younger. Not seen the new movie though, you'll have to give us your verdict if you go, So maybe I'll end up taking my younger son to see it. will be three generations of turtle lovers then. ha ha ha. [emoji1]

Watch it for us and let us know if it's worth shelling out the money :D

I used to watch the original cartoon in the early 90s and was subjected to the relaunched version in the early 00's when my teenager was younger. Not seen the new movie though, you'll have to give us your verdict if you go, So maybe I'll end up taking my younger son to see it. will be three generations of turtle lovers then. ha ha ha. [emoji1]

Well I've just got back from watching it. I must say, there really is too little story in the plot. Everything progressed far too quickly. We begin the movie with this hapless reporter girl tracking down the bad guys because she wants to make it big in the news industry, and then she met the turtles, and then she became friendly with them and then BOOM all hell breaks loose and we see nothing else but fight scenes. The ending isn't all that satisfying either. April didn't get her job back, and still walks around with a huge "freak" label on her head. Nobody else ended up believing her story about the turtles besides her cameraman. But she acts like all is well... which is a little weird. Story-wise, I'd give TMNT 6.5/10. They also underused some big names like Whoopi Goldberg. But who cares!!

The fight scenes are cool, fast-paced and intense. They keep you distracted enough to forget every single flaw this movie has. The jokes are abundant and hilarious. In fact, this one guy sitting behind me kept laughing like a hyena half the entire movie. Can't blame him though, I laughed too! Including when they first introduced this guy whose name is Eric Sacks. Without subtitles, you know what that name sounds like. I don't remember this guy from the 00's cartoon series. I wonder if his name is another joke :lol:

Anyways, to a critical adult that truly appreciates cinematography, this movie would definitely hover around the 6.0-6.5 mark. But if you don't really care about how well the storyline develops and all those stuff, this is definitely the movie that worth walking through the cold for. Which I did, by the way. 30 minutes walk there and back, in 4C temperature. Little boys in particular would l.o.v.e TMNT!

EDIT: next on the list: Nightcrawler :)

OK just seen it. . . . 

CGi on the turtles is . . . .  ok

Splinter and Shredder is abysmal.

it's ok if you need a retro turtles fix.

But. . . . meh