The Effect They Have

Clare70

Following on from a post I read and reposted to earlier this evening it got me thinking.....

It's been a little over a year since we rescued our very first husky.  Now I have to put my hands up and say I was the least enthusiastic member of the family to get a dog let alone a husky.  I knew full well it would be me who'd end up the main carer and to be honest I felt I just wasn't ready for that kind of commitment.

14 months later and we've rescued a further 2 dogs!  One is a husky cross and the second a Malamute.  Sometimes I find myself asking why?  why have I allowed myself to have my life turned upside down.  Why have I effectively gone back to motherhood?  Do I really need to be caring for 3 needy, unwanted fluffballs?

Well the answer is yes!  Yes, they drive me crazy, yes my life is no longer my own. Yes I find myself putting my dogs needs before my own.  No I can't attend this invitation as I have no one to care for my dogs and no I can't just be spontanious and go out for the day.

But for every negative point to being a husky mum there are a million positve ones.

So for me I'm grateful I have the ability to be the carer of such a wonderful breed, no matter how quirky they are.

And when it all gets a bit much I just look at their little faces and know it's all worth while :)

You are quite normal.

Welcome to the nutters club.

We must all be slightly masochistic.

They put us through hell

but we love them.

You are quite normal.

Really?

Well as normal as any husky owner can be considered.

White jackets with the arms that tie at the back are a perequisite.

I must agree with you 100% Clare...even my fam can not understand the passion we have for these dogs and I say our choice...:P

straight jackets required can I have a funky orange one please...