Best Dry Foods

jambex1979

Being new to this forum i dont know if this has been answered any were on here, but i'm wondering what the best dry food/kibble is for my sib puppy shes 4 month old?? we dont want to be doing raw feeding with having to boys dont want them touching the food and spreading germs, we encourage them to feed winter a little by hand (supervised obviously) so she has got use to them feeding her so no probs if they touch her food in future.

i'm currently feeding james wellbeloved puppy duck and rice.

1. Is this any good?

2. Any better foods to get here in sunny uk obviously?

3. Any advise on chews and treats?

Thanks everyone?

James wellbeloved is a better quality kibble and very similar in composition to wainwrights which like mentioned is cheaper and we use it here too.  :)

Raw food is frozen for two weeks prior to feeding to kill off bacteria so germs shouldn't be a huge concern to raw feeding, I think that this is really down to personal preference though.  There are lots of members here who feed raw but I personally prefer to use the kibble, maybe one day I'll give it a go though.  :D

so i think i will nip to pets at home and try wainwrights then thanks for the help and advice everyone.

so do i just give winter whole raw carrots for her to chew on?

plus do you not even defrost the raw food nixy?

Just 2 more questions. Has any 1 tried chudleys this is what a friend suggested? and at wht age do i go from puppy food to junior food? winter is 16/17 week old 

Thanks guys n gals

James Wellbeloved is a good brand, I use Arden Grange which is good too.

Treats wise I've recently started getting hills ideal balance soft bake naturals with chicken and carrots, Astro absolutely loves them and has been clawing at the cupboard to try and get them!

so i think i will nip to pets at home and try wainwrights then thanks for the help and advice everyone.

so do i just give winter whole raw carrots for her to chew on?

plus do you not even defrost the raw food nixy?

Just 2 more questions. Has any 1 tried chudleys this is what a friend suggested? and at wht age do i go from puppy food to junior food? winter is 16/17 week old

Thanks guys n gals

Nope they get it straight from the freezer :-) , skyla loves it and it helps keep her teeth clean ,blaze won't eat it there's only a year between them and her teeth are a lot cleaner than his

It usually says on the bags of dry food what ages it's for

Wainwrights started to do a grain free range too but it's smaller so works out a bit more expensive maybe? It's about a 10kg for £35. Normal bag is 15kg for £41.99

That seems like a great price for grain free. I buy Canidae grain free, and a 10.8kg bag costs me $115 (£62)

Great Post - I've been interested in this too. My pup has taken months for her belly to settle, she cant handle rice, chicken and grain. She is now 1 year old and on Brit Care, its ok priced but she seems to be a bit bored of it! Her ZRD has started again and so I was looking at other brands. I was considering;

Arden Grange Sensitive

Barking Heads Fuss Pot

Eden Hollistic

They are all similar priced around £9-£12 for a 2kg bag, Has anyone else tried these?

We are trying Arden grange at the mo, seems to be half agreeing with him- better than anything else we've tried - james well beloved realy didn't agree with him at all! ( can I ask why you are looking to change food? As if the food your pup is on is agreeing with her it maybe better too stay the same?) Nero will eat anything! Just the mess after is the problem!

We are trying Arden grange at the mo, seems to be half agreeing with him- better than anything else we've tried - james well beloved realy didn't agree with him at all! ( can I ask why you are looking to change food? As if the food your pup is on is agreeing with her it maybe better too stay the same?) Nero will eat anything! Just the mess after is the problem!

she was getting loose poos on james wellbeloved, so we are swapping onto eden holistic dog food been researching it and ordered some samples which i have been slowly changing her from james wellbeloved must say that this eden food seams really good he poos are already improving and we've only been exchanging it for 4daysgot a big 15k bag ordered for £49 coming tomorrow! Has anyone else on here tried it? if not i will keep informed on how it suits her.