Fireworks!

BIGBY

Maybe I'm being grumpy but honestly Fireworks should be banned unless used at public events. I've spent an hour calming Bigby down who was frozen with fear and peed on the floor due to the neighbours setting them off - the really loud ones!

In my opinion it should be banned, completely! Waste of money, polution, scared the animals, and kills lots of people from factory to customers. Kids lost eyes/hands/feet or their lives...

Place we live it is only allowed new year eve to the next day certain hours. We keep the dog inside to avoid in case one stupid kid/adult decided to throw it on the dog. My partner's previous dog was terrified of it. Hope Bigby feel better soon.

Found out it the fireworks will have been for Diwali the Hindu festival of light / new year. That should be the end of it until Bonfire night on Nov 5th but you just know that idiots will be setting them off randomly until then!

I'm lucky in that Fergie just cocks his head and looks at me before laying down. My Gsd used to go mental, hurling himself at doors etc :(

Hope Bigby has recovered this morning :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister has a springer spaniel and he is petrified of fireworks, she gets some calming tablets when it's firework night from her vet.  Trouble is you need to give them in advance so they have time to work, but it might be worth getting some for around the 5th as that will be the worst time.

I agree, whilst pretty they are a waste of money and so dangerous!

I'm really lucky none of my guys are bothered by the flash bang of fireworks and

sometimes will stand on the sofa watching the display out the window

Hopw Bigby is feeling less stressed now... Poor boy.

I am lucky that Bella and Noah are not phased by fireworks...

BUT I would like to see fireworks banned unless for fire works night, when at least you can prepare your self, and they should only be sold to event organisers who know what they are doing.

Do we really need to let them of because little Susie turned 2 today..   

When I was a Kid the only time we had fireworks was at a community bonfire on November  5th where everybody joined in bringing wood for the fire, making food etc.   The fire works were amazing, the bonfire was hypnotising.... and the animals were safely tucked up at home... The fire works by to days standard I suppose would be called boring but because it was only once a year they were incredible to us...