Help!!!!!!!

LauraG89

My indi got spayed on Monday and I've had nothing but problems, she still hasn't had a poop which the vet isn't too worried about as long as she is having a wee, but I am worried about an infection she has developed, the vet has given me antibiotics today to help fight it off but it's looking worse, is there anything I could apply to reduce the temp of the area and redness?? The pic below is one I've just taken 0cd3b22e6bda564f9d0700f1d4516b68.jpg

I don't know what kind of infection it is, the vet didn't say, just gave me 5 days worth of antibiotics and told me to come on Tuesday to look again. If I was worried I was to take her sooner, if it doesn't look better by the morning will be taking her straight back xx

The next vet to me is near 15 miles away and I don't drive yet, I luckily didn't get the bill for her as the vet admitted to making a mistake in not providing a collar for her and allowing her access to the area, the first night I had to use an old t-shirt and make hole in it to stop her getting at it, but I guess by that time it was too late as I had gone to work and my mum was looking after indi and my daughter, so was unable to monitor her at all times, I'm just hopi.g it can all be treated quickly as I hate to see her in any pain, or discomfort, she isn't acting like herself at all (the pics below is of the first nighgt) 56ad859a028c7e4ea13cb8346dc394e5.jpg63445da25d39fa5baa627c278f636dfb.jpg

Antibiotics take a couple of days to kick in.   Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, a spay is already a stressful experience in itself but with this on top you must be worried sick.  Take care and let us know how she gets on.   xxxx

She did have a plaster on it originally but as the vet failed to give me a collar while I was at work she ate it, I didn't know until I got home later, as mum was keeping an eye on her and my daughter. I got a collar the next day but by then the damage had been done xx