Help Pregant Dog And Temp?

huskywolfdog

So I was speaking to a few people on here the other day about before and during labour temps. I've just taken rogues temp was 37.7 c as she's panting a lot wandering around and seems a little different. She is currently 55 days pregant. What is the temp meant to be again??????? Because I google it and it's saying post-9643-0-44610400-1414970471_thumb.jp

Does this mean she will be going in to labour???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knackered lol what's new. As for the temperature thing, if you've just started there's no way to tell, I have no idea if dogs can go into prem Labour, even going by the lower end of the numbers she still has 5 days to go. Freyja made it easy I will admit, her temperature dipped by half a degree at 7am, and I did wonder, still dropped at 7pm and first pup was out at 10.45pm. No crying, she jumped off the sofa ran into the pen, gave one startled whine and there it was! She didn't even lie down.

We couldn't take temperature from our fostered Sky, but if it helps, just put some old towels in the pen/whelping box. Sky shredded the towels a couple of hours before ready to give birth, like she was trying to make a den. It was quite scary/shocking to see how her teeth worked, but that's just instinct she was such a sweet girl she didn't bite us and she let us helped through the marathon labpur even though she only knew us for 2 weeks.

Can dogs get into labor early? Like having premature babies in humans? :0

Wait don't answer me. How's Rogue today? xx

Yes they can.

Also be careful when you let her out at night to pee even if it is just your back yard. I was told they normally always give birth in the dark and if she decided to build the den (dig a hole) in the back yard, like in the shrub or inconvenient places it will be very hard to get her inside, especially if she suddenly deliver the first pup outside. Always take her out with a leash it is safer to guide her back in.

Best of luck!!

Also be careful when you let her out at night to pee even if it is just your back yard. I was told they normally always give birth in the dark and if she decided to build the den (dig a hole) in the back yard, like in the shrub or inconvenient places it will be very hard to get her inside, especially if she suddenly deliver the first pup outside. Always take her out with a leash it is safer to guide her back in.

Best of luck!!

LOL freyja had her first in her pen, cleaned it, then shot outside onto the balcony and the second sort of fell out, she broke the cord, gave it a very quick lick and a spit and ran inside to jump on my bed to deliver the rest. There was no keeping her calm or quiet, she did just what she wanted, including eating the placenta (EWWW but good for her) and then throwing it up all over me (double EEEWWWW)

Sky had her 5th pup in the garden during her pee break, we nicknamed the boy Lucky, he was the runt (but caught up with the rest by week 6). We thought Sky was done after pup 4. Who knew it ended up with 11? :-)

She ate her placentas too but luckily didn't throw up on us, it came out quite gross from the other end though. Poor mama.

Rogue is ok she sleeps in her crate of a night time as when she was a puppy she used to destroy everything of a night time pee poo rip normal husky thing. She normally sleeps under my youngest sons bed but I don't really fancy her having them under there as my kids are both boys and take no care with everything. She comes out of her crate and if she wants she will go pee on balcony very rarely tho. I've got everything ready charts for each puppy weight length time of delivery ect and her temp record altho she's not that keen on me messing with her behind and gives me that look of wth are you doing woman leave me alone,other the. That its a waiting game :)

Trust me she gave me choice.. under the boys bed it was to be…..  I had a nesting area already for her…. they all got moved down there the next day…. Where ever she has them its an amazing experience…  can't wait to hear how many and to see the pics of them and mum…..    :wub:   

To be honest there's one right around corner if I need it altho I haven't checked out times ect just been so Ill and busy at the same time

I keep taking her temp and this is what's it reading

2nd November 11pm - 37.7

6th November 12.15 pm -37.1

7th November 3.20pm - 37.5

7th November 21.13pm - 37.7

7th November 00.50pm - 37.6