Help Pregant Dog And Temp?

huskywolfdog

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your concern it's been noted unfortunately I have no where else for her to have her pups and this is where she has also chosen my friends over the years have had several litters in crates ect there's no family history of pups being squashed or anything I'm at home all day so won't be a problem as Im sitting right by her

Hidden

A cheap child's pool is pretty standard with a pool noodle around the edge. I would gate off an area and talk with a good local breeder for help to move the pups to an appropriate location. Bedding changes and creating a good area for your heat pad is easier in a pool.

Good luck. A few months ago I saw on Facebook someone who lost a entire litter of pups due to a freak accident, the crate collapsed and killed them all outright. Heartbreaking, so please check that crate out regularly....just in case.

Yea she's gonna be Checked out in a week this is what the vet said , she ate all the placentas but I took her out and it came out so think all 3 she ate 100%

I'm going out today to buy heat pad as I had one on order but it didn't come in so gonna go check also going to get blankets that are warmer then towels. I'm trying to leave her alone as much as possible as she got a little upset when I had to clean cage out last night.

She is doing really well pups are suckling, the boy is huge!!!!! I really wanna keep him :D

post-9643-0-20885700-1415788196_thumb.jp

post-9643-0-24908800-1415788223_thumb.jp

post-9643-0-63162500-1415788253_thumb.jp

post-9643-0-87212500-1415788299_thumb.jp

The pups are adorable. Until you've got the heat pad/lamp, as long as pups are staying close to mom they should be fine, blanket helps too.

It is worth noting that pups shouldnt be crying, if they do, it is either hungry, cold or sick. But from what you wrote and from the photos these look like a healthy bunch! Very proud of Rogue and well done to you too, first important step accomplished, more work ahead ;-)

Im Gonna take her to the vets puppy's are feeding but I don't think she's producing enough milk as when they nurse they are squeaking I've tried hand feeing but they just won't accept it she's drinking the lactol a whole pint of milk gone within seconds lol I'm gonna feel more relaxed when I have her checked out

Cannot hurt to get them checked out, they are sooo adorable!!

Generally you take them all for their 24 hour check up, give the injection and an ultrasound to check nothing is left behind, if anything is missed on the ultrasound with the injection she will pass it. Her milk may not be in just yet, but at lest they will be getting the nutrients from mum to start with. Weight them the same time each day and make sure all are gaining weight.

If you get stuck, this is excellent!

http://leerburg.com/bottlefeeding.htm

Awww thank you, just looked tonight and she's got a nipples that's inside her if that makes sense . When babies try and feed she squeak a lot is that normal??? Or are they starving I'm so worried they are hungry. I can't take her vets until other half gets back but I'm thinking I could try just holding a mother dog and box full of pups trying to get on a bus is gonna be hard lol