Advice On (Failed) Attack On Logan

Guinnessman

Tonight we came upon a lady walking a bull terrier or mastiff type, she had stopped to pick up after him but he was not on a lead. It is a route we do very often and meet many friendly dogs, but did not know this one.

Logan is cautious of dogs off the Lead and stayed close to my side. He as always was on his flexi lead.

We stopped to give her time, but suddenly the other dog took a very aggressive stance and then darted straight at us. I stepped forward to put Logan behind me, but the dog dodged me and went straight for his neck. Logan very agilely jumped clear of him and as we turned round, it came for a second attack. I think we both connected with the other dog.

It took off about twenty feet, turned but was very dubious of returning, the owner had time to catch hold. It was tugging and still being aggressive. I managed the usual of "keep it on a lead, control your dog" but was a little flustered and trying to see if Logan had been hurt. The lady was being very apologetic.

We walked off in opposite directions and once under a street light stopped to give Logan a closer check. I noticed blood on my hand. Good news, not Logan's or mine.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get that down before I finish this needed Jameson's.

My real question is, despite nothing can be done, should I report this to the Police? If not for my benefit, maybe someone else's. Or does this just put me on a list of people who's dogs have had 'incidents'?

Feels better just posting all that, or is that the Jameson's?

I would report it. The owner needs to be told by someone official to keep her dog under control in public.

Also, think how you would feel if you heard the dog had attacked a small child.

Thank you I will, was just unsure as Huskies have had bad press lately locally and didn't want to contribute. But you are right, me and Logan can defend ourselves, but others can't. I will report it for them.

The Police took it very seriously, I am keen to explain to them that no harm was done, but they should be aware of the incident. The lady I spoke to tonight is going to meet me tomorrow.

I really don't wont any action and am a little concerned, don't want a bad rep.

Just been doing the 'could've should've would've'. Logan was so good, avoidance followed by shelter and last resort of defend. My friends lab was attacked and needed seven stitches, and my dad got badly bitten by a staff type, but I was just worried about him getting hurt. Have to see the light side, had blood on my hand and first thing I do is check to see if he is hurt.