Sods Law

BingBlaze n Skyla

I ordered skyla a new toy off ebay , it was due to arrive today or tomorrow , our post comes by 12pm latest , today it arrives at 12.12 and my parents were leaving for a hospital appointment and JUST missed it , my dad even forgot his phone n had to go back but nope now I have to go and pick it up tomorrow :-( I hate waiting for parcels to arrive and I hate it even more when I miss them , sods law much lol

* Random pointless post *

waiting in for parcels is one of those things that defy all laws of nature and science.

You wait and wait and wait and. . . .

The moment you decide to go to the shops for milk

Or have a shower. . . bing bong yep they are there.

However if you hang in there and just wait then they either don't turn up at all

or two hours after the latest time that they said they would deliver.

so you waste an entire day. . . Grrrrrrrr

In Oxford, it is a real pain picking up parcels. There are 5 parking places - 2 are disabled spaces and at least one normally has a post office vehicle in it.

Is that Sandy Lane West.?

Bloody useless in there.

and if you park anywhere else you get a ticket in about 30 seconds

Is that Sandy Lane West.?

Bloody useless in there.

and if you park anywhere else you get a ticket in about 30 seconds

Yes, it is. I normally walk over there. I think they need to convert the 2 disabled spaces back to 3 normal spaces and put a disabled space on the road. The only people I have seen park in them are in their Chelsea tractors and have no blue badge.

Wait, I don't get it. If you missed the delivery guy, can't they leave the parcel at your doorstep? :o

You'd think so but they always take it back to the delivery centre if they can't deliver it. There is a place for the to tick to say they have left it with a neighbour or in your nominated place. If it is my regular postman then it will sometimes be left with my neighbour (there may not have been an answer when he knocked on the other times). I have asked how to nominate a place but you can't do it (in Oxford at least).

There is also the option to pay to have it delivered to your local post office.

Wait, I don't get it. If you missed the delivery guy, can't they leave the parcel at your doorstep? :o

Nope tho to be honest I wouldn't want them to incase it got stolen , they sometimes leave with a neighbour if possible , you can arrange to have it redelivered but it takes two days so thought it would be easier to just go pick it up the next day , our sorting office isn't that far away from me :-)