What's For Dinner?

Emma

I'm off out in a bit to a fireworks display at my son's school and am staring at the freezer thinking what on earth are we going to eat tonight?  No enthusiasm to cook anything, lol. 

What are you having for dinner tonight?    Looking for inspiration, lol.

I'm going to make myself a melted veal cutlet sub tonight.

Basically, veal cooked in italian pasta sauce, sprinkled with parmesan cheese that will eventually melt, and put inside a sub bun.

I never had it before, but I hope it tastes as good as it sounds!

Its apparently easy and quick to cook. The veal should be done within 5 minutes on the skillet, and the pasta sauce just needs to be warmed up in the microwave. 

...I'm hungry now. :P

Edited by SolitaryHowl

Before reading the first thing I thought was lasagne lol.

Not sure what I will be making.  Yesterday I made BBQ chicken breasts on the grill and rice.  Tonight will probably be frozen foods or something quick

Tonight was tandoori chicken with yoghurt cucumber salad.

I had the same problem yesterday didn't want to do grocery shopping as I only had to cook for one. I had only onion, carrot, cauliflower so I simply googled onion carrot cauliflower recipe and got inspiration from there. And then I found out I had a can of sardine so ended up making spicy fried rice with the above ingredients and I wasnt too unhappy about the end result :-)

Didn't have dinner yesterday. Guess I won't have any today either :o but if I could pick, I'd have a fettuccine alfredo :D

Why not ? What wrong. Going into mother mode here, your just lucky your so far away otherwise you would be shoved into a chair until you eat something ! And yes I have done this with other kids, unless your sick, you eat ( goddess, I sound Italian lol!)

Didn't have dinner yesterday. Guess I won't have any today either :o but if I could pick, I'd have a fettuccine alfredo :D

Aw...you should eat. I know its hard when at university (the pressure/separation anxiety from your family or pets) to eat, but its vital. You can't pay attention in class, or do well on tests, without eating. Trust me, I've been there...you can't remember any information and you end up spending more time after class to study what you should have learned in class. Not only that, but it makes things worse emotionally.

Fettuccine Alfredo is good...and easy to make, IMO. :)

Pizza, cooked by others :D I get bored cooking Pizzas I go and do something else and burn them... You can't stir them !!!!!

Ha ha, I do exactly the same thing every time. My pizzas come out black and smoking, lol. [emoji15]

Beef stew with dumplings for me. There may also be some pork and/or bacon in the stew but I'm not sure as it came from the stack of (homemade) frozen meals from the freezer.

A lemon meringue pie with ice cream and mini chocolate doughnuts for pudding.

Edit: I forgot the Yorkshire pudding.

Why not ? What wrong. Going into mother mode here, your just lucky your so far away otherwise you would be shoved into a chair until you eat something ! And yes I have done this with other kids, unless your sick, you eat ( goddess, I sound Italian lol!)

Aw...you should eat. I know its hard when at university (the pressure/separation anxiety from your family or pets) to eat, but its vital. You can't pay attention in class, or do well on tests, without eating. Trust me, I've been there...you can't remember any information and you end up spending more time after class to study what you should have learned in class. Not only that, but it makes things worse emotionally.

Fettuccine Alfredo is good...and easy to make, IMO. :)

I didn't eat only because I wasn't feeling hungry. Honest :D

Lies :( I was being lazy during the beginning of the week and ended up with a bunch of assignments on my desk last night. I guess my tummy decided not to ring the dinner bell because my brain is working so hard :o anyways, the professor announced this afternoon that he's pushing back the paper's deadline. I celebrated with a pepperoni pizza :D

Lies :( I was being lazy during the beginning of the week and ended up with a bunch of assignments on my desk last night. I guess my tummy decided not to ring the dinner bell because my brain is working so hard :o anyways, the professor announced this afternoon that he's pushing back the paper's deadline. I celebrated with a pepperoni pizza :D

Really? Huh...that's how it is for me. 

And that's good, I love it when assignments get pushed back! :D

Don't care what you eat, as long as you eat something ! Why not get a stash of power bars etc, things that won't make your fingers yukky, and put them by your desk, set an alarm to go off every hour and snack if you really, really don't have time to eat properly, you need to take care of yourself !

P.S don't tell fibs, and don't leave homework until the last minute ( this is where we need a wagging finger, why don't we have a wagging finger lol)