Manic Monday Morning.

Emma

I was crawling through the rush hour traffic on the school run this morning and noticed that it was quite smokey up on the main road. By the time I got onto the main road myself it was too late, I was stuck.....and the smoke turned out to be from a car trying to get on the main road from the opposite direction. As I'm sitting right next to it guess what happens?!!! It catches on fire! And I'm stuck in rush hour traffic at a standstill! Police came running up the road to get people away from the bus stop.....seriously! A car is on fire in front of them and they're still waiting for the bus?! Madness! [emoji33]

Within seconds the flames are out of the bonnet and licking up high into the air and I'm torn between abandoning the car and running away or riding it out.....the traffic moved a a fraction just before I needed to bail out so the flames were a distance away but obviously if it blew up, everyone would be affected.

The thing that stuck in my mind is that an ambulance turned up albeit from a distance, the police turned up but no fire engine?! Not sure how that one worked, lol.

No one was hurt that I know of and no one was in the car but the driver kept running back to the flaming car and pulling things out......not sure what he had in there that was worth getting blown up for but apparently something was. [emoji33]

Crazy crazy morning!

Tbh at 8.30am it's the kind of excitement we could do without, lol. Just glad no one got hurt. Rush hour round here is chocka block full of people both pedestrians and in cars. The potential for disaster was pretty big, so many young children present. Thankful that it didn't come to that. [emoji2]