Observation

mydiamond

So I looked at my phone post-midnight this morning and realized it's November 10th. Today would be a national holiday in Indonesia we call "Heroes' Day". Then I remember that The U.S would have their Veterans' Day tomorrow on the 11th. The UK also seem to be celebrating their Remembrance Day. Could it be that there's an international fallen soldiers-honoring day that we celebrate rather differently due to time zones? :o :O

For us Rememberance Day is usually the First sunday in November.

Nearest to the day World War One was declared.

Tomorrow it's Sint-Maarten here in the Netherlands. Children walk around with paper lanterns, walking door to door to sing songs which gets them candy. Yeah... close enough  :rolleyes:

Although we do have a remembrance of the dead on the 4th of May for the people who have died during WWII and other conflicts. The next day we celebrate liberation day which also relates to WWII.

Ours was honoring those who gave their life trying to rip the blue in The Netherlands' flag, back during those days fighting for independence. As you might have already noticed, The Netherlands' flag is red, white and blue. Ours was just red and white. So people try to rip off the blue.

Ours was honoring those who gave their life trying to rip the blue in The Netherlands' flag, back during those days fighting for independence. As you might have already noticed, The Netherlands' flag is red, white and blue. Ours was just red and white. So people try to rip off the blue.

Our 4th of May also includes that, yes.

In my country 11th november is the independence day. We havn't really got a day for fallen soldiers, but on 1st november we have sort of general rememberance day for all the dead . On that day, its a tradition to visit the graves of our dead family members, friends etc .