They Are Finally Here :)

huskywolfdog

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all mum and pups are doing amazing !!!! Vet said that this stuff is normal just keep a eye on her. Thanks Sarah it's glad to know another bitch had this.

I'm going out today to buy more supplies more blankets food ect.

As to the crate I'm trying to leave her as much as possible, due to the fact this is where she gave birth she her self likes to be In Dark places, I know it's not the best place due to possible collapse of crate but I'm not gonna start moving her about changing things stressing her out she could abdon the puppies and I'm not prepaid to take that risk.

Below are some pics

post-9643-0-20374600-1415788781_thumb.jppost-9643-0-05089400-1415788810_thumb.jppost-9643-0-70904300-1415788828_thumb.jppost-9643-0-48987800-1415788858_thumb.jp

Whelping pen lasts maybe 3-4 weeks, until the pups started to crawl then the door can be open and area extended with exercise pen, it helps the pup to early house training too, as mom usually keep the pen clean.

I think it is wise not to move now that Rogue is settled. But you'll need to extend the area very soon, because the pups are going to pee and poop round the clock, and the amount of waste can be pretty messy. Rogue most likely will clean it up but by 3 weeks old, there will be little room to move. Perhaps a 2nd crate if you can source it out from a friend? This way you can put it side by side and ask her to go to 2nd crate, pups would follow her, then you can clean her crate then let all back.

Wow all greys! Is dad a grey too?

I don't think there is any problem with them wanting to be in the crate, it will last a week or two at least til the puppies can crawl out the door! And putting a bunch of bedding down can just cause them to get lost and tangled up in them. If mom is happy, babies will be happy. [emoji4] Congrats on your beautiful puppies! [emoji1]