Uncontrolable Zoomies

Clare70

Whilst it's really funny to watch how do you stop them having uncontrolable zoomies?

In our dog run Snow will zoom round when I call him to come in. I will call him, use a treat as baite but nothing seems to work!  I've tried walking back inside with the other two (who are very good at listening) but he just barks at me and thinks it's a game.  

Zoomies are indeed a a game lol....

Mine stop most of the time on "enough" ...but does not always work :D

Thats not helpful Rob :)

zoomies :rofl: the are funny but maybe if you try rustling a crisp packet or something to get his attention

Nothing works! Its like his ears stop working when he's zooming :)

The only way I can stop Diamond from his zoomies is by giving a giant bear hug. The only reason why it works is because he's so tiny :o but he's also as slippery as fish, so sometimes he wriggled out and zoomed even faster :facepalm:

Sorry I'm not much of a help Clare.

Only thing that works here is food and if i'm being completely honest it serves to stop them for about as long as it takes to chew up the treat.   Usually something a bit bigger like these chicken fillet things I found in pets at home.  Can usually subdue him for a few minutes but then if he's got pent up energy inside him then it's gotta come out somewhere and zoomies it is.  zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!   lol.

Don't follow in my footsteps as this is not very good advice...or advice at all really.

Odin never really got the zoomies.

Ahri (9 months) gets them most days when I get home from work since they're in the house alone all day for ~9 hours and I just chase her. It takes all of 5-10 minutes of me opening my back door to my yard and chasing her around the house/into the back yard/into the house/into the backyard to get them out of her. She runs so fast and thinks she's so smooth maneuvering around me fake trying to catch her and Odin watching her like "what the hell are you doing kid" that wears her down quite quickly.

Then we go for our walk...haha.

• 2 weeks later...

My two have their 'zoomies' but, in a compact bungalow they have to be put out to run it off in a big garden.

If we miss the beginning and doors are left open then the beds, sofa and walls and floors are ALL affected...and, worse, clothing too if we are not paying attention!!

Do your furkids also like to drink practically submerged in the goddamn bowl THEN come in quietly and proceed to rub a wet face ALL OVER YOUR TROUSERS?

My hubby gets caught...

Every single time.

Gonna get him some more spare jogging bottoms..three pairs are apparently not enough.

ROFL......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Move your breakable ornaments, and stay out of the way.

Step over them when they crash asleep afterwards

After a weekend with nothing but rain it has been zoomies all the time! 

And Kodiak is the WORST when it comes to drinking!  He will dip his whole muzzle in the water bowl and leak water all over the place!

I now keep two large bowls outside back (actually side) door and top up from filled kitchen sink bowl in one hit. After several major spills in and on kitchen laminate floor this is the best option. They have 24/7 access to side and rear garden unless we close off dog flap in excess rainfall as too much mud brought in even with a big mat on floor.

I know hubby gets fed up with it - I mop as often as three times a day. Roll on summer please! - or...

AstroTurf the whole back garden ...would need about £5K...?

True story:

Folk living up in mountains - awesome views. No neighbours to see but they aren't far.

Large plate glass windows for uninterrupted view esp at dusk and for mornings.

Big dog (?GSD) lives wirh them.

One early evening man stands naked at window admiring view (inside of balcony/verandah) with brandy & cigar in hands. The dog came up behind & sniffed his backside - cold wet healthy nose - making the man jump forward screaming startled, into glass window. He cuts his hands on brandy glass. Cigar burns carpet. Big window cracked but intact. Bloody mess.

The wife gets him sorted; cleans him up and bandage to hand - fortunately not too serious damage to him but she needs to go clear up.

He goes to lie down, all patched up.

She'll take him to A&E later.

The dog is fine but spooked with all the hullabaloo.

She cleans up the glass, calls for repair/replacement to this, and the window.

She uses spirit to wipe down blood and off carpet..chucks it into the loo.

Man later goes to bathroom, sits, has a smoke to calm his nerves. Finishes his smoke and puts into loo between his legs.

Whooooff - spirit/fumes ignite.

Burnt ass. Bruised head as he gets up and bangs his head into the bathroom wall.

Wife cleans him up again, and bandages his head and now calls ambulance as posterior/genital burns pretty bad - he's not so good now.

Paramedics arrive. Get man onto stretcher; he is uncomfortable as backside sore so lying on his front on stretcher and strapped on firmly. With arms free (!)

As they are getting down slowly on the stairs to ground floor level they ask what happened.

He recounts the night's events re the view, (naked), dog, cold wet nose, fall, patch up, smoke, flash burn...

The paramedics start laughing, uncontrollably, and drop him; his arm goes out to stop the fall and he breaks his arm.

The medics are still laughing when they finally get him into the ambulance, but have to wait a few minutes before they can calm down to drive off.

Absolutely true story. End.